Need help / DoS attacks

Hi everyone,

i need your help with a very sensitive topic: our server has been suffering from DoS attacks for some time. My guess is that the user (s) must be on the server, as the incoming data increases to several GB within a very short time. It is now the case that we have already set our firewall and such attacks are still taking place. My question now is whether you can still do anything or what options I have. I am aware that there is no such thing as 100% protection, but I would want to limit it a bit.

thank you very much

The only solution is a well-configurable firewall :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good Morning,

I assume that our firewall is reasonably well configured. Unfortunately I’m on the way to work right now, so I won’t be able to post the config until this evening - if it’s of interest. maybe you have js settings that i don’t have? :wink:

I just looked what I could do: there is the possibility to restrict the whole thing via fail2ban or via the query_flood. do you have experiences there which is better? Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Please be patient. If someone can help you, they will, but until then you’ll just have to wait for someone to answer you.
Not everyone is familiar with it.

You have to reckon with such answers. However, you should also be grateful instead of dismissing it as a stupid comment.

1 Like