Permanent server messages / Text only channels

Hi,

I appreciate that privacy is highly valued within TeamSpeak and that you can only receive and read messages while you are connected to a server channel.

However, a lot of stuff is done asynchronously today. Therefore text-only channels with messages stored (encrypted) on the server sound like a good idea to me. Privacy concerns could be avoided by password-protected servers/channels, as well as notifications about channels where messages were stored and could be read by anyone allowed to join the channel.

Best,
SDK

1 Like

This is the single biggest issue I have with Teamspeak and it’s why it will never be adopted again by many. Online communities, whether it be groups of friends, or large scale organisations, need ways to communicate with users whilst they are offline. The privacy concerns are understandable for a small section of the TS community, and that’s fine, but for the vast majority of groups, this isn’t just a feature that’s nice to have, it’s an absolute requirement.

Persistent messages in channel chat needs to be implemented before teamspeak will be taken seriously.
I was looking in on the client and server today and was doing some testing to see how much teamspeak has progressed, the lack of this feature means no one will ever leave discord.
Teamspeak will forever be the “backup” solution with limited features.

You can claim the focus is on voice, while this a “nice to have”, it isn’t going to bring anyone back to the platform. Teamspeak needs more essential features that help online communities thrive. Teamspeak isn’t delivering what communities need.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the chat messages are becoming less “text” and more visual e.g. URL content embedding, emotes, etc. Features like this are exciting to see come to teamspeak, but it needs to be taken to the next level.

Teamspeak 5 Servers have persistent messages already!

So people who are not in a channel when a channel message is sent can join the channel and read the missed message?

Exactly, how persistent messages are working😉.

This is good news. It’s a shame the teamspeak 5 server is test only at the moment. There are many people waiting to see this functionality live. There will be many people seriously considering moving back to teamspeak once the server is released.

Next thing will be an easier license model for casual server owners.