me and the server owner are trying to figure out why priority speaker isnt working since we can all hear each other normaly with a priority speaker
What do you mean?
priority speaker, it does what it says. Priority speaker gives the client priority to speak over all others.
@OLFMSQL priority speaker doesnt lower other users so others can hear the priority speaker i know the speaker can hear everybody normaly but it wont lowers users volume for the other users so they can hear the priority speaker more clear
It’s about the modification. ofc at 0 db the voice of others doesn’t get modified. If you try it with the default settings -18 you are gonna hear a difference. You can adjust it!
where can we adjust it at?
right click on a user adjust volume
@OLFMSQL but priority speaker lowers ppl theyre volume so they can hear the person that got given the priority speaker flag so we dont need to lower everybody theyre volume for each person and user
on ts 3
Do u have any guidelines to setup priority speaker in teamspeak 3 version 3.5.6
Yeah, you are true on this point. But if you are going to change to volume of a player this does indeed affect the priority speaker.
Btw I found this one, is it enabled on your server?
our problem is this, i have version 3.5.6 teamspeak 3. we want to have 2 server groups which are capable in 3 different channels to be the priority speaker. and only those 3 channels. we have found several solutions containing the modify dimm and client is priority speaker but whatever settings we use, however we set it up nothing gets the job done. we have tryed multiple differences in settings but so far none is working. do you know a step by step guide how to set this up? thanks in advance
- Right-click on your server name in the TeamSpeak 3 client and select “Edit Virtual Server”
- go to the “Permissions” tab in the Virtual Server Edit dialog
- Under “Server Groups”, locate the two server groups you want to set as priority speakers
- In the “Permissions” tab, click on “Channel Groups”
- Locate the three channels where you want priority speakers to be active.
- Right-click on your server name again and select “Permissions” from the context menu.
- Click on “Server Groups”
- Locate the two server groups you identified earlier as priority speakers.
- Right-click on each server group and select “Edit” from the context menu.
- In the “Server Group - Modify” dialog, go to the “General” tab.
- Enable the “Modify Power” option and set a value (e.g., 75). This value determines the priority level, with higher values having higher priority. Repeat this step for the second server group.
- In the “Permissions” window, click on “Channel Groups” on the left-hand side.
- Locate the three channels you identified earlier.
- Right-click on each channel and select “Edit” from the context menu.
- In the “Channel - Modify” dialog, go to the “Permissions” tab.
- Under “Channel Groups”, locate the server groups you designated as priority speakers.
- enable the “Modify Power” option for each server group and set a value (e.g., 75). Repeat this step for each channel and each server group.
I hope this helps.