Proxy Support

Hey there,
how about a proxy integration for TeamSpeak 5 to prevent the problem with DDoS?

Are you talking about the client or the server?
Because if you are actually talking about the client - like the topic suggests - there is no need for a proxy…
TS is not P2P thus only server owners and other privileged users get your IP address. So just don’t connect to a server people are DDoSing you from?

1 Like

But if you are talking about the server being attacked this has nothing to do with TeamSpeak 5 (the client) in any way. (There still is no need for a proxy as you can just use something like Cloudflare DDoS protection)

1 Like

I mean the client.

Can you specify a little more what the exact problem is?
As I stated above: No one can access your IP but the ones that got the permission to see it.
On a well configured server this should at most be Admins but even they should not need this ever.
If the admins are the ones launching the attack: Don’t connect to that server.
If other client can see your IP: Talk to the staff or don’t connect to that server.
If no user of the server launches the attack: Contact the server owner that his system has been breached and definitely do not connect to that server until the system health has been restored.
If you really want to be safe you could just use a VPN.

Yes, that is what I mean. I dont want to turn on a VPN when I connect to other teamspeaks. It would be easy if I would have the option to connect directly in TeamSpeak to my Proxy Server.

You could just set up a reverse proxy where your normal forward proxy is. This reverse proxy can then handle as the connection between you and the server. So you connect to the proxy as if it was a server.
But I see how a client side connection based proxy would be useful.

1 Like

I dont have many plans of reverse proxies… and yes, a client side proxy feature would be useful.

nginx can be easily used for this.

• make sure nginx is compiled --with-stream
  • add a stream directive to the config
  • configure some streams
        server {
                listen 9987 udp;
                listen [::]:9987 udp;
                proxy_pass ts3_stream_backend;
        }
        server {
                listen 30033;
                listen [::]:30033;