Query connections no longer work

What happens when you start the server with a fresh database (stop the server -> rename the current one > restart the server).

Do not see anything of that in the conversation?

Do not see any reason that latest server rejects a connection itself as long it’s not in the blacklist.

3 Likes

With a new database I can connect as a query. So something is broken in the current database.
Is there a way to repair the database and keep all data

Except that you cannot, because if you remove it from the query guest group (which everyone is a guest when first connecting to the server query), you do not have the permission to login. As such you cannot login to get any additional permissions.

2 Likes

But aren’t id1 1 serveradmin and 2 guest?
So shouldn’t the permissions be correct?

Just removing the permissions from all groups does not break that you can not build a connection to the Query.
Does the server start at all with your old db? Pleas read or show server log 0.

3 Likes

The server starts and everything works fine except for the queries.

The thing is, the query works.
It just shuts down remote connections.
When the connection is initiated from the server itself it works just fine.

Tested remote and local connection and i always could connect but not login with error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=13

3 Likes

Also I do not think this is a permission problem as they seem to be correct.

So why this can not be a firewall thing then??? < you wrote that.

I still think it is or port is not opened or the server log showed an error.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought.
But there is no firewall but the debian IP tables and those (currently) allow all traffic.
The servers network interface has the public IP assigned.

It must be the database. Everything works with a fresh one.

Can you please share this database in a private message.

2 Likes

The Guest Query was deleted from your database… and replaced with the TS3 index login.
This is why you can not login.

Your database got destroyed. Please grab yourself a backup and use it :confused:

5 Likes

Is there no way to repair the database or at least transfer the user data to a new one?