Question about NPL

Hello everybody

I have a question about the current situation.

1. I have had an NPL license for years. How many servers can I currently manage with it? I have only one server online for years but I would like to create a second one. Is that possible? What is the limit at the moment?

2. Will npl license remain available for me and my community with the new licenses and TS5?

greetings

3 Likes

If you already have NPL then you are safe. It will stay the same, ts5 release has nothing to do with it. As for the servers, you can run 1 server on a single host with 2 virtual servers.

3 Likes

Okay sounds great. Thanks for the information. :slight_smile:

So 2 virtual servers with 512 (in total) slots are available? And the NPL will remain and the staff of TS will not remove it in the future?

Thanks

1 Like

As of now they haven’t said anything about removing NPL so it’s unlikely, and yes 512 slots in total between two virtual servers

3 Likes

You may want to review your license file, if you have a really old one it could have up to 10 virtual servers, the older one also didn’t restrict to a single server instance. I have my “live” server with 4-5 small v-servers on one instance and also a “test” instance with 1 v-server for testing new server releases before rolling to the live server. Total slots across all v-servers still limited to 512.

2 Likes

In the old days you had 512 slots and a server on which you could create 10 virtual servers. Then, as most should know, there were 512 slots with 2 virtual servers. And in the last few months of the NPL, the license allowed only one virtual server.

2 Likes

Should be sometime in 2013 or 2014. I’m not sure. But I think that the changes on 2 virtual servers were adapted globally - or not?

1 Like

As far as I know as long as the license remains active it was not forced to the new model with less v-servers allowed. Unless that only didn’t happen because I was running more than the new model allowed and was grandfathered for that alone.

3 Likes

I tested it and I can create more than 2 virtual servers. But why? Because I had an old license? Strange…:smiley:

I thought I can only create 1 server… :frowning:

I know that I could create 10 servers before. I thought it was changed globally but now I am happy that old users are treated fairly. I thought until today that I can only create one server because there was a change in the last years.

I hope the NPL license will remain active for everyone. Those who have an NPL are with TeamSpeak for so long, they deserve it.

TeamSpeak has changed a lot in the last years. Both from the online presence and from the licensing. I really hope that TeamSpeak does not forget about the gamer communities. That is a really important thing.

2 Likes