Question about TeamSpeak Chat

I have 2 questions.

1. Does the new TeamSpeak have saved chat history in channel? let’s say 3 users are in the conversation and when a user leaves the conversation is continued and the next day the 3rd user comes in they can see the chat between user 1 & 2? How Discord has saved chat.

2. What is global chat? Is this per server or across all TeamSpeak servers?

Not for server chats and that’s a good thing. If I share something with people in my channel I don’t want anyone randomly joining to be able to read that.

The global chat system works more like discord, WhatsApp or similar. The chats are fully independent from the normal servers.

Mit for server chats and that’s a good thing. If I share something with people in my channel I don’t want anyone randomly joining to be able to read that.

Well, its quite different from Discord, as they store keep your data. There is nothing wrong with having perennial data.

Even Matrix stores your conversations. It doesn’t mean anything.

The global chat system works more like discord, WhatsApp or similar. The chats are fully independent from the normal servers.

Like Discord group chats? Why did they refer it to server wide chat?

Maybe this this will answer your question: TeamSpeak Development Status Update

Idk what “where you can host your own services on your own infrastructure.” in this Status Update post means, but maybe we will get some TeamSpeakServer update which will enable perm chats(Rooms) hosted on the server or enabled perm chat on our Serverchannels.
With the structure of the Perm Chat Rooms “#RoomName:tschat-1.teamspeak.com” it could be possible to use it like #RoomName:YourServer.com and also possible to have a own chat id registered on your TS Server like “[email protected]”, so also private chats could be hosted on the TS Server.
The new chat system has just been introduced so lets wait what the future updates will bring… :slight_smile: