Regarding the hosting of addons

Hi everyone, this is just a quick message to inform you that as of now we’re not currently accepting new addons for the TS3 client. We want to do this properly, but at the moment because all our attention is on the new TeamSpeak client, we can’t divert enough time to do it the way it needs to be done. Having said that, all existing approved addons and themes that are already uploaded to the myTeamSpeak website, can still be updated.

If anyone has new addons you can submit them on this forum like a couple of you have already done, we just will not be hosting and/or approving them at the present time.

We’re looking at a new way of hosting/displaying addons, but for now–as previously mentioned–the TeamSpeak client is the priority.

Many thanks

18 Likes

This announcement is a great first step (of many that will hopefully follow) into the direction of more transparency and clear communication. Thank you!

14 Likes

How long does the update process currently take you?
By now I got a few messages of people complaining my plugin is crashing their client or not generally not working because the myTS version is hella outdated.
I know the teams priority is somewhere else but would it be possible to add a feature that plugin authors could add a link to the forum post without it needing to be approved. So potential users would get a message like “This addon may be outdated. Have a look at this forum thread. Updates are first published here.”

2 Likes

I am wondering the same and would appreciate an update.

1 Like

I’ll speak to the devs tomorrow about this. I don’t handle it myself so I wouldn’t want to guess on the time frame, you’re right to assume they’re usually working on higher priority issues, but as I mentioned I will still speak to them and let you know.

3 Likes

So, how’s it looking?

Yes, I would also be very interested in how long this will take and when uploads and updates will be activated again. I’ve been waiting for half an eternity for my update to go live and for me to upload my styles ^^
Any updates @Adam

No answer is an answer as well, I suppose. :smirk:

for those in need to share atm can easily use free google drive for links with out all the spam of free file shares or if that does not work message me I am willing to set up a section of FTP space for the cause :100:

Unfortunately it’s a really busy time for the developers so it’s just going to be 'as and when ’ as far as looking over addons is concerned. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Hello, Im just wondering if there is a way to upload custom addons for Teamspeak?

Or has this been taken away for now?

Cheers.

Hi.

There’s no way to do it right now. I guess you need to wait for it, until some new informations are available.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply,

I did upload some soundpacks last year and they were rejected, im unsure why and I also see one soundpack that someone else has taken from me and claimed it as their own that is currently up on the download centre.

Hi again

Please read this topic to earn some more informations:

2 Likes

Are there any updates on this?

Currently addons are completely down, not even an update can be made to Drafts

What browser are you using? I’ve gotten the error a couple of times in the past using Firefox. Switching to a different browser to upload the packages did the trick for me.

1 Like

@Brady_The
I use chrome, I also just tried edge, but both result in the same error.

Editing an existing addon package just worked fine for me on Chrome and Firefox.

Note: Chrome and Edge use the same engine. Testing with these only can have the same result.

1 Like

@TS.ChrisR
The only Addon I have listed for me is a DRAFT, maybe that’s why I cannot update it?

In theory they are the same engine, but just 2 days ago I couldn’t download software from MS Azure website, had ~30 errors in the browser console with chrome, tried Edge - it worked first try.

I wasn’t suggested any particular browser to try, so I said what I’ve tried so far.

Best regards,
olokos.