Right click paste in chat

When you right click and paste a link in chat like “TeamSpeak” it comes out like “Latest topics - TeamSpeak”.
but when you ctrl v it comes out like “TeamSpeak” with an actual link.

side note: This seems to happen on edge when i copy the address from the address bar and right click and paste it on here it comes out like this.
Latest topics - TeamSpeak

|Version:|5.0.0-beta76|
|Build Number:|1698243642|
|Build Date:|10/25/2023, 8:20:42 AM|
|Chromium Version:|117.0.5938.150|

1 Like

We aware of that Edge sends the Title of the tab instead of the desired URL. This happened in older Beta versions as well.

We are not sure if we ever can fix this at all.

2 Likes

It all worked fine until update 75 came out with the supposed " * Improved pasting of HTML content into the chat input." which in fact made it worse. No longer being able to right click and paste links should be high on the priority to fix again. 75 broke TeamSpeak’s links and the new 76 is still broken. Just revert the html improvemts back to what it was in update 74. Which I understand is not as easy as it sound but this breaks the linking completely and just makes Discord come out on top once again.

1 Like

Well, it only happens when pasting using the right-click menu. When pasting using Ctrl+V it works just fine. Thus I suppose it is not too hard to change the behaviour to be the same.

2 Likes

I’m just guessing but in TS chat links should look like Right click paste in chat - TeamSpeak Client - TeamSpeak
but when you Right click paste in chat it shows up like TeamSpeak Client - TeamSpeak with no hyper link.