Self-mute for a specific user

Hello,

I’ve been looking all over the place and can’t find any info yet on this question:

How do I mute myself for a specific user? This still allows me to hear everyone else though.

In other words, I don’t want a specific user to hear me when I talk, however, I can still hear that specific user and also hear/talk to all other people in the channel.

Does that make sense?

Thanks.

That is not possible.

What you could do in TS3 is to whisper to the user who are in the channel and leave him out.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT-- I found this video, is this what you’re referring to? Howto: The whisper system, on the free HiQ Community TS3 Server. - YouTube

But (and I know this is going to sound stupid to you), how do you “whisper” to someone? I tried right-clicking on a channel and on the users I would like to talk to but can’t find a “whisper” feature.

That is indeed what he is referring too. The whisper feature is pretty powerful, so you have to set up a list appropriately to your intended use.

Alright, sounds good. Thanks for the assistance.

Hello,

So setting up whispering didn’t work, it’s too intrusive for others because apparently they get a bunch of tabs opened when I whisper and the sound it makes it’s also annoying.

So I was able to take a screenshot of the icon that appears next to the person that is muted (and that can clearly chat with others except me because I can hear one person talking).

What does this icon represent then?

Screenshot - 6_12_2020 , 1_16_15 AM

Would this give you an insight into how he’s accomplishing this?

Thanks,

Well he didn’t. You did.
This means he is locally muted (you blocked him).
To undo this right click on his name in the server tree and click Unmute Client.

I had no idea I blocked him.

Well, the icon helped unravel this mystery eh? :sweat_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like