Server Admin / Owner capabilities

Hi,

Before deciding what route to pursue with TS, I was hoping for some clarity on the following (please note that I will be the Server Owner as well as the only Server Admin):
(1) If I set up a TS server, as well as host it, is it possible to do the following without connecting to the server, meaning not going online, and if so how:
(a) See and monitor live status of the server, meaning the number of individuals connected and their IPs?
(b) See the connections log, meaning what IPs connected and disconnected to the server and when?
© Monitor chats?
(d) Ban individuals?

(2) If I set up a TS server, using one of the authorised hosting services, is it possible to do the following without connecting to the server, meaning not going online, and if so how:
(a) See and monitor live status of the server, meaning the number of individuals connected and their IPs?
(b) See the connections log, meaning what IPs connected and disconnected to the server and when?
© Monitor chats?
(d) Ban individuals?

(3) If it is only possible to do the above by connecting to the server, meaning going online, is there a way to remain hidden? By this I mean is it possible to not visibly appear on the server to other users?

Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions :slight_smile:

1 Like
self hosted offline provider hosted offline online*
a) yes** yes** yes
b) yes** yes** yes
c) yes** *** yes** *** yes***
d) yes** yes** yes

*You can be semi invisible by connecting to a channel that the normal users can not subscribe to.
** This is possible through the server query. The server query behaves like an invisible client.
*** It is only possible to monitor chats you take part in. You can never see private chats of other people. What you can see though is the server chat, the channel chat of your current channel and private chats you take part in.

Of course any client (normal or query) needs to have the correct permissions to do each of the above tasks.

7 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like