[Solved] Hosting a TS3 Server at home

Yes, two of my friends tried to connect from outside of my network. I opened the 10011, 30033 and 9987 Ports. And I am the only one, that can connect with the Ipv4 to my server. And I know that the localhost adress is only for the PC that the server is Running on. I also gave my friends the Ipv4 adress to connect to the server but that didnt work, that is my problem.

• Make sure your ISP allows UDP traffic.
    This is blocked in some regions especially for Voice software like us.

• Double check that you only opened UDP for the voice part.
    Some router have problems when both protocols (TCP & UDP) are opened in one rule.

Not sure then why you mentioned that part with localhost from other pc.

1 Like

Ok now Im lost, how do i make sure that my ISP allows UDP traffic, and what do you mean by double checking that i only opened udp for the voice part?
Btw. I noticed that you are from Berlin, would you like to continue in german?

• Open your router / firewall and check what setting is there for port 9987 or for the server in general.
  • Read the manual for your router / firewall.
  • Ask your ISP or try other applications where UDP is requiered.

• German is currently not part of this forum and i don’t think this would bring anything forward.
3 Likes

moved to right topic.

I setup a server and connected to it and it was successful the first time. Then I disconnected but now I can´t reconnect the same way. How can I connect again?

Depends on what has changed since the last time you did connect.
If nothing has changed you use the same way and address as the first time you did connect.

2 Likes

What would have changed if something changed and how can I see it?

Could be anything.

No server is running.
Server IP has changed.
Firewall started to act after first connection that was made.

3 Likes

So it can change unexpectedly without telling me the new IP?

It is not TeamSpeak.
It is the network where the server is running on.

2 Likes

So if something went wrong it´s something that happened in my computer where I installed the server because it still depends on my own hardware, is that right?

When I can´t connect it always works again after restarting the Ts3 client.

You gave not enough details to say anything. So i’m just guessing around.
Do not know where server is hosted or what server or client log say or how you connect or what firewall etc is setup to.

If it also works in a new tab then the socket for the port the client used for this old tab is still in use and blocked.

It’s by design that the client does use the same.
It isn’t that the port could no longer be used.

3 Likes

I downloaded Teamspeak3 server Windows 64bit and ran the programme on my local computer. I do not know how to see details about my firewall but I can show you an image of my Windows firewall settings.

Thank you so much for your helpful messages! I am trying to use TeamSpeak 3 as an alternative to my public Discord server because of the prohibition of plugins/addons, the upcoming policy against certain keywords and some other features I dislike. I appreciate help because I am new in making TeamSpeak 3 servers.

Please Show this Thread: [Solved] Hosting a TS3 Server at home - #5

1 Like

I have created a virtual server and I am not able to invite people to my server, even by using the INVITE BUDDY option. I give them my public IP address still get an error on their Teamspeak 3 Client.
I have port forwarded 9987 and 30033 ports of my router(D-Link 615), but still didn’t get any solution.

Hope you will contact me and figure out a solution .

Please take have a look in this Thread: [Solved] Hosting a TS3 Server at home - #12 by Rikku

Ok thanks for you reply , but can you please tell me how to do STEP 2 which is below

I have done the FIRST STEP which is to add ts3server.exe . Ok for your information i have made them public which you can see

And I hope that this will resolve my problem

I didn’t understand which entries should I remove.

Btw can you pls tell me how to Forward the ports of the server on my PC(can you give a step by step instruction