TeamSpeak 3.6.0 crashing when connecting to a server on Linux

Hello!

Recently a friend updated his TeamSpeak 3 to the latest version (3.6.0) and since then the app crashes when trying to connect to a server. This problem seems to only occur on Linux.

I tested it on my computer with Linux and the problem also occurs. At first I thought it could be a problem with the Flatpak version, which is the one we use, but the same problem occurs with the version distributed on the TeamSpeak website.

The problem does not happen with the previous version, 3.5.6. The operating system used is Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon, in both cases. Attached below is a screenshot of the terminal when the bug happens and crashdump.

crashdump

I also have that.
It is because my Celeron J4125 doesn’t support AVX-512.
See this German discussion in the Usenet:
https://groups.google.com/g/de.comp.os.unix.programming/c/kCvebMw5fV0/m/9zB0ynfxAAAJ
Run
gdb -ex r --args Downloads/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/ts3client_linux_amd64

After the crash, type “disas $pc, $pc+20” in the gdb console.
The you can see the instructions that are illegal because your CPU doesn’t support it.

Sure… My friend has a Celeron B800 and I have an i3-370M. Both do not support this extension.
I hope this is just a bug and not on purpose, otherwise several of my friends - and I believe many other people - will no longer be able to use TeamSpeak on their computers.

It is not.
But we will evaluate if AVX-512 is needed at all.

4 Likes

@RioMcCloud @Pentium4User

Client 3.6.1 will remove the requirement on Linux.
A beta client will be released today or tomorrow.

You can save and keep an eye on following section :slight_smile:

5 Likes