TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.5.0

with this version of ts3 I am having a mic issue. When I go to options -> capture -> begin test
I can hear myself very quite in the first two seconds. After that the voice gets louder…

It doesn’t change for me when activating/deactivating automatic voice volume leveling in playback options.

My Teamspeak m8’s also tell me, that I’m sometimes louder and sometimes quieter (and yes, they are also on v 3.5.0)

I am using a headset via 3,55 mm jack connected to an Asus Xonar AE soundcard.

1 Like

Hello!
I have a Problem with the latest version of TS3! Today, I updated my TS3 version 3.2.3 to 3.5. After that, I connected to our TS-Server and I have no sound. My PC has Sound, I can hear music… but my Teamspeack has no sound. I downloaded TS3 again and the problem is the same.

What can I do?
Can you help me please

-Louis-

this topic probably moved here, becouse its ts3 and not ts5 client

This latest 3.5.0 update seems to be really broken.

1. my client keeps crashing if I log on to it with my teamspeak account
  2. I’m using 3.5mm mic input to my motherboard and now my voice is really quiet to all others

For anyone with a client crash on start.

We can not reproduce this yet but it could be that clearing the cache folder may fix the issue.
You can find the cache folder under following paths.

Windows

%appdata%/TS3client/cache

Linux

home/.ts3client/cache

Note:
You may get error about icons can not load or was not found when you connect to server.
This is not an issue with the client.

The server does not have file transfer enabled or the file transfer got blocked or the icons got deleted from the server. Please contact the server owner to get this solved.

If clearing cache works

Open “Tools -> Settings -> Security” and there enable to clear cache on exist.

We will release an update to fix this crash. Meanwhile use this temporary fix.

Still doesnt work for me unfortunately :frowning:

clearing cache works

Could you confirm what you’re running the command against?

For example, using the SSH server query interface, I run it when I first login (i.e. implied sid=0), then I switch (i.e. sid=1) into my running instance and run it there too:

serveredit virtualserver_min_client_version=1584610661
serverinfo
use sid=1
serveredit virtualserver_min_client_version=1584610661
serverinfo

Hope that helps :+1:

I have the same problem on linux with the newest 3.5.0. The client crashes after a few minutes. Nothing happens before the crash that could trigger it. I have tried a cleaned client (config folder deleted) but does not help. I have downgraded to 3.3.2, which works perfectly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13h7PQc8RR7eunRXe8hFcTHdbzezE0BUH/view?usp=sharing

Interesting, this worked.

sid=0 serverinfo showed me basically default settings, sid=1 showed me the settings for my actual instance. Thank you very much!

I wasn’t aware that there’s more than 1 sid for an unlicensed server (basic install with 32 slots)

OK - have the issue with crash at startup, empty cache is working, but have to do this everytime before start the client. Found out that’s enough to delete servericons.dat file …

Regards

Volker

2 Likes

thanks for that tipp

there is a easier solution to solve permanently after first start:

clear cache on exit

Can you please share the file? Would help us to at least reproduce it that way.

We found out that the server icons stored in bookmarks are the reason. We are working a fix.

I can share my File since I have the same Problem and the Workaround also works for me in that Way.

And just in Case here’s also my Crash Dump

Hello there,

I also had the problem with starting TS3 after updating into 3.5.0 verison.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

AccessDeniedInvalid according to Policy: Policy expired.79A412F61C6B91CF

I had to delete the folder cache and now it is working well.

Thank you for this forum and good ideas.

Czecher

Mic or Playback Volume is out of control. Even when AGC is turned off in the playback settings, my own mic test is definitely changing volume a lot. It’s comparable to the old recording setting that normalizes your mic (which I have always turned off, like all the other options in the recording tab).

Although it’s off, the mic volume is always changing dynamically which is very annoying.
For now, I will roll back to the older version.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1njWD4QqV_UPzWcZAUrILwpYe-dWlgos1

here it is …

Hello, I cant use my myteamspeak anymore and need help.

Description:When i log in into my myteamspeak account my style get changed and if i click on the settings by client going to crash.Since the Stable version of 3.5 and with the plugins ( Lua, Watchdogs , DockWidgets , rp Soundboard and autoreply) my teamspeak get changed as an example icon get changed as an microphone i see just numbers or e.t.c . Need Help!