TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.6.0 [Beta]

:loudspeaker: A new client Beta update for TS3 was spotted!

The most important change in that client is the ability to connect to our upcoming TS5 server
The compatibility to TS5 servers is the main reason why we made this release public.

You can test it on beta.voice.teamspeak.com if you like :slight_smile:

=== Client Release 3.6.0 - 10 May 2023
! Plugin API increased to 26 as workaround for Qt update incompatibility
+ Added option to automatically select channel chat tabs after connecting to a
  TeamSpeak Server.
+ Added support for OS dark mode stylesheet extensions (<style>_darkmode.qss).
  This also supports platform specific extensions (<style>_mac_darkmode.qss).
* Improved overall compatibility with TeamSpeak Server version 5 and newer.
* Tweaked icons based on user feedback.
* myTeamSpeak sync now utilizes push service instead of polling periodically.
* Certain Microsoft specific URL schemes will no longer considered to be valid
  when using [URL] bbCode tags.
* Additional Linux dependencies:
  sudo apt install libxcb-xinerama0 libatomic1 pulseaudio fontconfig
                libxcb-icccm4 libxcb-image0 libxcb-keysyms1 libxcb-render-util0
                libxcb-xkb1 libxkbcommon-x11-0
- Disabled server list browser
- Fixed a crash on macOS versions 11.3 and newer.
- Fixed an issue with duplicate names for cached badge icons.
- Fixed an issue where channel groups were not shown in client context menus
  when an inherited group has been set.

Other notes for this release

• We dropped the support for Linux 32-bit. The updater itself will offer you the update but will fail.
  • MacOS clients will show OS X. We leave that in there for compatibility of the TS3 SDK
  • MacOS clients are now notarized again.
  • The server weblist was removed from client.
    The topic is not dead but we get to many tickets about a broken weblist. As long we did not not start the weblist again, we won't add this feature back to TS 3 clients.
    Whoever wants to know why we took it offline can read this statement (on purpose not clickable).
    https://community.teamspeak.com/t/weblist-and-public-voice-server-down/37585/55

To enable beta updates, simply go to Tools → Options → Application and select “Beta” from the update channel drop down.
Once done you can check for updates using Help → Check for Updates to receive the update.

Notes for this thread

• Feedback as per always is welcome in this thread :slight_smile:. Issues that are not related to this update belong to it’s own thread.
  • We suggest to place your wishes for upcoming releases in existing or new threads in the suggestion area instead of the release thread. We mention this because each update post will be closed after some days and the wish or suggestion could be lost.
  • We allow ourselves to delete all the off-topic posts from this thread.
14 Likes

Could someone explain this a little more clearly? I didn’t understand what exactly it means.
Thank you.

If enabled in the settings the server chat is selected.
But for most people this is useless because they can not write into server chat it or rarely something is written there.

grafik

Setting Open channel chat automatically can be found in the Options > Application Tab.

5 Likes

Warning, for people who are using Plugins in 3.6.0 this version may not work.

2 Likes

Tnx for the hint. Did not update the latest changelog to my initial post.

Plugins must be updated by the author. We will update ours on release day.

7 Likes

The update breaks support for Ubuntu 22.04 (jammy) as it only has the newer libwebp7 in its repositories:
./ts3client_linux_amd64: error while loading shared libraries: libwebp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Will forward this to our dev and retest on a fresh machine.
My had no problems but was updated from I think 20.

Tnx

7 Likes

moved by moderator

Hey all, scenario:
Using client 3.5.6 and earlier, I have had a master password set for a long time (to protect my identity etc.).
Updating the client to 3.6.0 beta makes it impossible to open up the client, because it tells me that the master password is wrong. It is NOT wrong.

Workaround: Disable master password in 3.5.6, update to 3.6.0, enable master password.

Even if something changed about the encryption, my master password should stay “valid” if I entered it correctly. Anything I did wrong?

best regards,

@dylan1982
The password still should work after the update. On which operation system is this happening?

We will evaluate this.

2 Likes

btw: in the “Linux dependencies” list the package name libxcb-image should be libxcb-image0 (with a zero at the end)

This happened using Windows 11 22H2 (build 22621.1635) and the current updates from April 2023
KB5025305
KB5025182
KB5025239
KB5025915

I do not use a very complex password in this case - starting with a capital letter, followed by 5 other letters, then two numbers.
I can assure that I did not mistype the password. I have even tried copying it into the master password field to no avail. If I can do anything to help analyze this, let me know.
Best regards,
-dylan

@2Green2Freak

• Our devs is working an a workaround to make client working for Older and latest Ubuntu versions
  • Changelog will be changed. Did change it in forum already

@dylan1982

• We changed encryption in client libs. We will look into that.
6 Likes

Sorry, but I have to report it again because it has never been this extreme until 3.6.0. Unfortunately I use TS3 more than TS5 because it is faster for me in certain points of administration or these are still missing in TS5.

The written messages are still replaced by the placeholder. I have been sending the placeholder “Enter Chat Message…” more often lately instead of my message or link.

ts3client_win64_DVIbVy5bjU

6 Likes

As you know already, this issue did exist before 3.5.7 or 3.6.0 and I could not trigger it that often as shown.
Guess timing is important :person_shrugging:

Please retest this with the stable client 3.5.6.
If this happens less for you and is worse again when you go back to 3.6.0, then I may know what could increase that it happens.

You may test this with a clean install of 3.5.6 and config folder (also without setting up myTS login) and later update into beta channel and test again with 3.6.0.

5 Likes

Hi, I do have the same issue. After updating to 3.6.0 Beta it tells me that my master password is wrong. I’m running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.2846.

I remember we had a very similar issue with 3.5.0 Beta (see TeamSpeak - Official TeamSpeak Community Forum). Maybe that’s related to it being broken again.

1 Like

This was reported in post #8 and replied 3 posts above.

Temp solution is to install client 3.5.6 from our website > Remove the password. Then update to beta. There you can set it again. But this password may not work when you go back to 3.5.6.

5 Likes

Another 3.6.0 beta update was released.

This update has 2 fixes.

• Works on new and older Linux distributions. Required libs are in client itself and no longer search in system itself. You may now start the client with the binary directly and not with the runscript.
  • Invite dialog missed a / behind the invite.teamspeak.com domain and broke http invites.
  • We also changed the date for the beta. But still need to discuss if this can go stable with the issue in the master password. This will delay the stable release at least to june.

Anyone who used a master password in 3.5.6 or older versions.

@green2grey
You now should be able to update from 3.5.6 to latest beta.

7 Likes

Will there be another way for the user to easily see Server Messages and Host Messages when this option is activated?

If not, both message types are going to loose visibility and reach.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. This needed a discussion with right person.

For next 3.6.0 Beta and stable release the host and welcome message will be printed in channel chat instead.

–
Also the master password issue will be fixed.

6 Likes

A new beta was released and these are the changes.

• Fixed the master password issue @maxlxl @dylan1982 had
  • Fixed the invite dialog where a / was missing behind behind the invite.teamspeak.com.
  • When channel chat is activated then welcome message and host message are printed there.
  • In change log the release date and libxcb-image0 was changed
9 Likes