TeamSpeak 5.0.0-beta20

We’re currently rolling out a new update with the following changes, the update should reach your client within the next hour.

- Animated content is stopped when TeamSpeak is not the active window
- BBCode parser supports additional tags in channel descriptions
- Release delay can be configured for push-to-talk
- Fixed a bug where ts3image:// URLs were not working properly
- Multiple performance improvements for reduced CPU and memory usage
- Several UI tweaks and improvements based on community feedback

Larger channel descriptions now display the same way as in previous betas, smaller ones will use the side by side layout.

Known issues

ts3image urls currently only work for file names in lowercase. Otherwise they will still display as broken image. (ie. file.png vs File.png)
The BBCode size tag ignores the +x / -x notation and uses a hardcoded size.
Channel descriptions in a certain length range may cause flickering between positions if the client window / the channel info panel is quite large.

33 Likes

Sounds good :smile:

3 Likes

can’t wait to test it ^^

4 Likes

wow nice update and thanks for listening at the community!

5 Likes

Tx

3 Likes

:+1:

3 Likes

Finally! :grin:

2 Likes

Nice Update

2 Likes

Since updating to the new beta version Teamspeak sometimes completely stops picking up my voice. I use VAD without PTT. Restarting Teamspeak and toggling PTT off and on again both temporary fixed the issue. Changing any other audio setting did not fix the issue.

On the positive side, the performance are noticeable and Teamspeak feels even better every update. Keep up the great work!

7 Likes

It sounds good :muscle::muscle::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Which operation system do you use?
Is this on Mac OS?

And are you using a USB Headset / Microphone ?

2 Likes

Windows 10 and a wireless USB Headset.

2 Likes

where whispers and server management?

3 Likes

@EnyoNyelison, not in the change log, so presumably still on the roadmap for things to come.

2 Likes

In a future build. Our roadmap on trello can show you what you’re likely to get next: Trello

5 Likes

Hi,
is it possible to lock this topic and you continue discussion in discussions forum? I set this forum up for notification about new builds, but now getting spammed with updates.
Regards

3 Likes

Hey, that’s a great update and all, but who the hell asked for different positions for the description depending on its length? It just makes it look ugly, and my OCD can’t bear with the inconsistency of the channels. Please remove it or give us the option to do so. It’s driving me insane.

2 Likes

At the beginning, sorry for the off-top, but…

@raqi, this thread is to point out what new things were introduced into last build. It’s completely normal to comment under it as it is on a forum, which by definition is a thing where people tell what they’re thinking. If you don’t want notifications to pop up, simply change your “Watching Mode” to “Normal” or “Muted”.

Off-top end.

2 Likes

@Gerrygames found the bug. TNX!

Pressing a PTT hotkey activates PTT and disabled VAD. You will not see it in the GUI.
We will fix that ASAP. Temporary solution is to remove the PTT Hotkey.

@DankGhost
You can mute the topic when you did read it. On the bottom of this topic you have a Bell where you can mute this topic and you won’t get notified.

3 Likes

https://fyfywka.com/s-20-02-uosZeI5jAXNOb9u4gnI2.mp4

3 Likes