TeamSpeak 5.0.0-beta24

A new beta version of the client was just released.

• The updater for next update to beta25 should work now when user or program path had a non-ASCII character included
  • We added a ||spoiler|| tag for chats and added them into the context menu when selecting text in the input field

##### Update 5.0.0-beta.24

* Updates should now be applied correctly when non-ASCII characters are found in paths
* Fix for a shutdown crash on OSX
* Context menu for free servers no longer displayed when no servers exist
* Server banner will now be reloaded after gfx interval expires
* Ban timer should now display the correct time remaining for longer bans
* Improvements to mentions (@ syntax) and a new ||spoiler|| tags feature
* Passwords are now saved for free servers
* Various minor improvements for code block formatting
* Accepting a group invite will no longer play an error sound

Known for us

• The behavior of rich text editor will be changed in one of the next beta updates
15 Likes

I canā€™t download it, Iā€™m on beta 19 and since I am, everytime I check for updates it doesnā€™t find any.

1 Like

:+1: :+1: :+1:

Weā€™re just uploading the installer again - will update here when thatā€™s done. For those of you stuck on beta 19, youā€™ll want to reinstall from the website and then it should hopefully be fixed :+1:

Everyone else can just update as normal!

4 Likes

Okay, thanks very much :+1:

1 Like

As soon as I get home I will check for the updates. :facepunch::sunglasses:

Update: The installers on the beta.teamspeak.com website should now have been updated, so those of you who had ā€˜stuckā€™ updates can login and re-install (@MLS).

You only need to do this if you were still on beta 19 and couldnā€™t update!

3 Likes

Where to get beta badge code? I know there sometimes where shared on Facebook and Tweeter

I downloaded the new Installer and I think Iā€™m on the right version, but it still says ā€œbeta 19ā€ on the Build Screenshot by Lightshot

There are, or should I say, were three ways:
Sign in to beta (Unavailable).
Get a code from someone who got Beta codes and is willing to share one (Donā€™t buy them! Why you should pay when someone have these for free).
Follow TeamSpeak on facebook and twitter and count on your luck (Codes are one-time use so you need to be fast!).

Additionally, if you signed for beta and havenā€™t received your codes, you should contact Support.

Hmm, please close TeamSpeak, uninstall the old one, reinstall, see if that helps. Looks like you have the old executable.

2 Likes

Yes, this time it is good ! Thank you very much for your time and your help :smiley:

@TS_Chris
With the Spoiler tag, upon revealing the spoiler hovering over the text will still show the small toast window but re-clicking does not re-hide the text. Is the toast window meant to stay there after reveal?

3 Likes

No, it should not show any longer when revealed.
Thatā€™s on our todo for the next beta.

6 Likes

Hi,

i have some Problems with the Beta 24.
I canĀ“t connect to a Server doesnt work anymore.
With the TS3 Client everything is working.
What can i do?

3 Likes

had to reinstall the program all together and it worked issue updating to beta 24 from beta 23 it kept doing install loop

3 Likes

Thanks for this good feature in Teamspeak5

4 Likes

@prochance very cool Don.

However, something I havenā€™t updated for a long Time. Teamspeak

2 Likes