TeamSpeak 5.0.0-beta53

Howdyyyy :cow:

Beta version 53 is now available.
This week we fixed some bugs that got reported and did go one with work on file transfers.

I think this time the change log explains itself.
i have no information to add here. Feel free to ask If there are questions related to this release left.

Full changelog

• Added toggles for file transfer speed limits, rather than setting the limit to zero
  • Fixed issues which caused wrong file transfer speed limits to apply in some scenarios
  • Fixed not automatically scrolling up when dragging items to the top of the visible area in server tree and file browser
  • Fixed not respecting previous window state when restoring using the systray icon rather than the taskbar icon
  • Fixed ban client context menu months/years option not banning for the expected amount of time
  • Fixed teamspeak:// links not being shown as invite in chats
  • Changed Share Invite Link to create teamspeak:// links
  • Changed file transfer speed limits to be global

Known

• Nothing read here yet.

Notes for this thread

• Feedback as per always is always welcome in this thread :smiley: . Issues that are not related to this update belong to it’s own thread.
  • We suggest to place wishes for upcoming releases in existing or new threads in the suggestion area instead of the release thread. We mention this because each update post will be closed after some days and the wish or suggestion could be lost.
  • We allow ourselves to delete all the off-topic posts from this thread.
26 Likes

Hello I found a bug on connecting to a server from a shared link (URL) unable to connect it adds a / at the end

Capture

As well as interface display issues

Capture1

Capture3

cordially

5 Likes
  • Has this worked in the older beta version? Do you have an example

• Note for report 2 / 3. See the notes at the end of my post.

Please don’t report unrelated issues in this release threads.
Please do it in own client threads.

Here is your report that got moved last time already and I replied.

4 Likes

Hello,

Excuse me for being a little cash you ask us to report all the bugs that’s what I do, I do not understand your sentences do you have an example on the old version in the latest news we cannot downgrade on the old version.

You want to recruit new Alpha testers which in my opinion is great but if you answer them every time (does it work on the old version) what is the point of recruiting alpha testers our work and reporting the bugs we encounter in the current beta. Then it’s up to you to see if this bug really exists.

Bugs Encountered in Beta 53 Windows

Unable to connect to a server from a share url link on the TeamSpeak 5 client due to a / getting nickname or IP server at the end

1 2

Regarding my duplicate on interface bugs, it’s just a reminder because this bug has not been corrected on version 53

Please receive my sincere greetings

dont know if this is relevent but starting up ts5 and it was just hung i was checking for updates today and then it didnt want to do anything i just waited then decided to restart ts5

after restart

1 Like

Theres a bug with sending Server invites.
I think you forgot to fix whitespaces or " " :frowning:

Example:

I spammed it a bit, to show you the screen.

teamspeak://Official TeamSpeak Public Community Server?name=Official%20TeamSpeak%20Public%20Community%20Server

Best Regards
Jan

As @Karazhan pointed out, there’s a bug introduced with this update regarding links.

• This seems to be a Windows exclusive, I didn’t encounter this issue in Linux or Mac OS. Disregard that, I can reproduce it on Linux now after a system reboot.

• A link without parameters (for example teamspeak://teamspeak.com) will open the TeamSpeak client but won’t even attempt to connect to a server.

• A link with parameters (like the one formatted by the “Create Invite URL”) will attempt to connect to the server but will add a / at the end of the address, which is what Karazhan was mentioning.

• This wasn’t a issue before prior release of beta 53 (last tested with 52.1).

Works until a certain point: teamspeak://voice.teamspeak.com?name=TeamSpeak
    Doesn’t work at all: teamspeak://voice.teamspeak.com

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Could not encode local filename to utf8

I don’t know if this is related but the window resizes to its default size when minimizing from taskbar and then resuming from systray when maximized.

Thanks for the feedback.

These bugs are approved and forwarded to our developers

• / at the end added when opening a invite url
  • client does not connect when not at least one parameter was used
  • Client no longer maximized after minimized via taskbar and activated with tray icon

This needs to be discussed

• Space in address when send to chat. I don’t think this is a bug because a space is not a valid char to be used in an URL. But will ask out if this could not be converted.
  • @regchanuk logs you missed to add buddy ?

Bugs reported in the past are not fixed when change log doesn’t say or when nobody in the thread with report wrote it got fixed. Reminders are not related to this release.

7 Likes

Already reported to our devs. I just forgot to mention it.
Made an edit in my post.

Bug was old btw.

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Getting error sounds after some seconds

Continuing the discussion from TeamSpeak 5.0.0-beta53:

i have looked for logs but then i decided to close it and it upgraded itself no warning after thi it was still working no need reinstall it and been fine ever since

Thanks for the information update to this.

3 Likes