Teamspeak 5 linux not able to set avatar

When trying to set an avatar on Linux just nothing happens. So no popup to search a picture in the file browser is opening. I am not sure if this was working in the past, but since a few versions I’m not able to set an avatar. Are there another people having the same issue?

System Information:
Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS GNOME 3.36.8 X11

1 Like

This is a known problem since ~ beta23 (I think).

It has since not been addressed. But I was told that this problem comes from a dependency of TeamSpeak and thus is not up to the TS developers to be fixed.

4 Likes

Hello,
Do you mean this error?
ava

Also i have a question about icons limit TS3 to TS5.
There should be option in TS5 settings like you can set limit of displayed icons.
TS3:
ts3
TS5:
ts5
And this +5 looks bad :stuck_out_tongue: or maybe I am just blind and i dont see this option :wink:

Enter “Developer Tools” in the search bar. There is an option where you can set how many icons you want to see.

2 Likes

So, I was blind, thank you. I had no idea about this option :slight_smile:

Hello, I have this problem too. Is there a way to help solve it? Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

3 Likes

Yes, wait for TeamSpeak to fix it.
But because based my personal experience TS doesn’t care about Linux, good luck with that…

6 Likes

I tried to update my avatar using the TeamSpeak on Linux. However clicking on ‘+ Browse’ does not allow me to update my avatar.

beta70 1654676785