Teamspeak accessibility issues

Hi there,

I am a blind person who would really like to use Team speak, but due to accessibility issues, I could not use it to it’s full potential or bring people up to my server.

It makes me sad that I can’t use it to it’s full potential as it’s an amazing service and if it were not for the accessibility issues, I’d go there and bring my friends in a heartbeat.

below, I will talk about the different issues I face.

Firstly, context menus, they will sometimes work with my screen reader but sometimes when I press shift f10 the menu isn’t read out at all.

Secondly, chat history is inaccessible.

Thirdly, you can get stuck in the chat box and have to use shift tab.

Another issue is that the tree view isn’t spoken by the screen reader so you have to use the arrows to move around.

If these issues could be fixed I’d be very grateful.

P.s. one last issue is the license agreement, it lags and crashes the screen reader.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Hello,
I am disappointed to see not a single reply to this thread from a developer, it shows me that either they don’t care, or there is a better way I need to use to communicate with them.
Could somebody please tell me how to get in touch with them?
I really want to use Teamspeak, and I think my friends would love it too.
Thanks.

Hi, I’m sorry that you are disappointed. But technically it’s pretty hard to realize such an option to be implemented into TeamSpeak. I think a Plugin would be the way your problem can be probably solved.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Disappointed is probably a strong word, I was just hoping to get help with this as I want to enjoy teamspeak with my friends.
Are you aware of somebody who could make this plugin? I can not code.
Thanks.

You can take a look at here

(I’m not sure if it’s still works because the api could be outdated )

Hi,
Thank you for this.
I will try it and if it works, great, that’s a temporary solution.
however, this is extremely old, it was released in 2012, and is for 32 bit machines.
Are you aware of any more up to date solutions or people I could ask for help? this will work for the moment but not for the future.

Hey,
you could ask someone here who might want to fix the plugin for you.

Hello,
I do not know anybody on this forum.
However, if you do come to this thread and are willing to help, please let me know.