Teamspeak Addons

Hallo everyone,

Night be a dumb question, but are teamspeak addons which can be downloaded on the myteamspeak website Safe to use? Like Soundpacks or Dark Themes? Are they getting approved or something? Or can anyone just upload there?

Kind regards!

1 Like

They get approved by the TeamSpeak Staff before they get published on myTeamSpeak.

2 Likes

Alright! Thank you for your fat answer! So i can use anything from the Store! Thats great!

1 Like

Addons which you download from myTeamSpeak are safe. I would just be careful if you download third-party add-ons from other Websites. Rn Addon Developers cannot upload their work to the myTeamSpeak Website so they are just available on their Sites as an example Themes.

2 Likes

Addons from myteamspeak are safe to use. However, many authors publish their plugins on their own website/github. They are probably safe to use (I haven’t seen viruses in ts plugins), but they could be malicious as teamspeak is loading the plugins from .dll/.so files it is possible to execute bad code with them. If you want to, you could always scan them with your AV