TeamSpeak Client - Checking in with everyone

All great ideas, but the UI needs to be improved

Hey there,

I saw the feature on a another platform. So let’s assume we have 2 groups. One has ban/kick power and the other group not. Members who moderate are in the ban/kick group. Furthermore all two groups have a prefix.

So currently it is not possible to say, you are in both groups, but show me only the prefix of the higher group. Currently the prefix will attached to the others. But I don’t think it’s nice when someone has 5 group prefixes.

I think it would be a great feature if you could set which group is higher and then also just show me the prefix of the higher group. Of course you can now say, yes, then just do not set a prefix for the group, but Member who are only in one group, the prefix should be displayed again.

Thanks for reading through and have a great day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This would be pretty cool, perhaps the priority could be determined by the talk power of the group? Or maybe a separately defined prefix priority so its more flexible. Would be very helpful. Perhaps if a prefix priority is not defined for a group then it will go on no matter what as well so you still have the option of tagging a user with multiple tags as well.

3 Likes

I’m glad that you like the idea :smiley:

Hi,

Been inactive on forums lately, giving my suggestions for the TS Client.

I am only listing the suggestions which will be helpful to me in doing some work (office and communnity related plus day to day usage).

1. A server sided chat system where its a compulsion for all users who use my server to join the server chat. (By doing this and using an advanced bot system we can force them to accept the server rules and they will be forced to read the guideliens and contact the administrators).

2. A method so we can list some server groups specifically so users can directly establish contact with the administrators.

3. Screen Sharing (very important feature.)

4. Video calling (if possible although its not of high signficance to me but good for office use. Using apps like zoom and google meet fills the need but their video qualities are disturbing sometimes when other users have slow network speeds.)

5. Higher Audio bitrates for improved voice quality.

6. Improvements in Server Weblist: To be honest I do not want the server weblist to show my IP address. I want the server weblist to show either the custom address we provide or Teamspeak can devise a new address system which allows users to directly connect to the server.

7. A functional and working mobile client with chat and communication facilities: I believe it takes a long time to develop a good mobile client but I want that client to have an integrated chat system and voice comms for beginning.

8. New Licensing system: I believe its really hard for Teamspeak to manage all this without a good licensing system. The licensing will give them the revnue they want to continue this application and it should be affordable to common public who doesn’t have very large groups or communities so they can attract the masses without stealing a large some from their pockets.

9. TS client should have a built in function so users can create or buy the TS servers for themselves which are hosted on Teamspeak machine itself. (Also it should have a few hosting locations so u can cover up some locations).

10. Overlay: But it should not eat a lot of RAM.

11. Find channel feature: If possible there should be a feature so we can search and find some specific channel. (Sometimes new users connect and its really hard for them to find their channel. Very helpful in large servers with hundreds of channels.)

12. **Some New Sounds: With time everything should change so I suggest changing all TS3 sound packs and making a new one, thus giving a chance from basic system.

Like: User Joined your channel, left your channel, disconnected, etc. Provide an option for users not just to change the audio pack but to use some other sound which maybe simpler or just act like a notification blimps instead of giving announcement that a user is joining, connecting, leave, disconnecting the server.**

I did read the original post of the Teamspeak Staff who created the topic but there was no time reading all the posts. (I believe I have avoided duplicate entires and kept this with my own ideas instead of copy pasting someone else’s).

Thanks for listening to the community and cheers!

6 Likes

what i realy want is 2 points.

1 - I would like to be able to create a group with the power to join a certain Channeltree which actually needs more power than the server group has.

2 - I want to make a Only-text-channel, but the man has to subscribe separately to be able to read it and the subscribed Only-text-channel should to be listened on a separated list in the client, and you can read it without being connected at the moment to the server.
Of course, the room should also have the same editorial options as the other dreams. So you have to write / announce things in chat with others without people having to be there at the same time.

Yes i know that it is not easy, but it would bring a lot in comparison to others.

3 Likes

Put an option to clear the chat (and if possible, to reverse the action if done unintentionally.)

3 Likes

The same function of ctr + s to open the panel to connect to a teamspeak server

2 Likes

When we press to mute, it mutes in general which is very annoying (for my taste), the option of AFK and deafening should be like that of teamspeak3 (global)

The deafening function that is like teamspeak3

Already possible (hover above icon to get the description)

grafik

4 Likes

I would like to see the option for (Disabled Mic´s) Activate , as ICON same as it was before in Teamspeak 3 with the Green Arrow …

Not like it is now | right click on ServerTab --> Enable Mic

i don´t know i´m right here but i think there are a few changes required

1. in ts3 there is a sub-menue start text-chat in ts5 there called it server chat but in ts3 you have a seperate Serverchat
  2. Add a 4th column for Chats i think there somethink like Servers & co | Serverview| Chat | Details
    (Servers & co | Serverview) already done only speperate Chat and Details
1 Like

But I think, that talk power should not be used for that. Maybe like you said an extra power or whatever

A way to watch together youtube videos, like Watch2gether

4 Likes

That’s a very good idea man.
For Youtube and any kind of stream video.

2 Likes

This isn’t really needed in my opinion, you can also just that easily open Watch2gether and send everyone a link via chat. I mean, why would you need an implementation if it already is that easy right? :wink: So, this would just be a bit too much for a TeamSpeak client I think.

1 Like

And how do you know that teamspeak does not sell your data to third parties. You don’t know they can even sell your data now

Thank you very much for all of your ideas and feedback. I will be creating a new post in the near future which relates to all of your feedback and the poll results.

Something to note: The team will still be working on the core of the product first, before we enter new realms with the future client so these will take priority, however we will review every single piece of feedback and I will return for phase 2 of this process once plans have been formed for all of the ideas we plan to pursue.

Many thanks again

21 Likes

It’s been highlighted that some things have since been implemented into the new client. I’m still going to leave those ideas here for historical purposes, but we do know these have been completed internally.

14 Likes