Hope you are all doing well? So! Over a good amount of time, we have received lots and lots of suggestions about what you would love to see in the new TeamSpeak client which is much appreciated and we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
Now! Some of the suggestions are from quite some time ago, so my post today is to begin collecting all of your ideas in a single post (Please note: This isn’t for bug reports, this is purely for things you would absolutely love to see implemented in the new client if possible).
I’ve read over every single message that people have sent in (which took quite some time ^^), however thoughts and feelings about what you would like to add might of changed since you added your initial thoughts, so this is more to double check that this is your main priority to you as an individual.
Step two, once everyone has had a good chance to share their current thoughts, we will all then vote on what our main priorities are as a collective group.
Idea wise, I honestly don’t mind if it’s in the grand scheme of things a small or big idea, or potentially out with our comfort zone, what we want to make sure of is the communities stamp is indeed visible on the new client and overall presents a collective vision.
Try to avoid duplicate posting if possible and if you see something you agree with from another user, throw them a like
Thanks for reading this and stay safe!
Ideas posted so far:
- Screen Sharing
- Video Call
- (Group mode for both of the above)
- Close to tray
- Custom main menu
- App integration (such as Spotify/iTunes/Twitch etc)
- What game am I playing? (Status viewer)
- Custom themes
- Subscription functionality for servers (even if you’re not logged in)
- Confusion surrounding server versions/ilcensing concerns needs to be addressed
- End to end encryption for the messaging system and the facility to reside entirely on a server
- New Mobile App (This is already happening)
- Hiding special channels
- NPL (This would fall under licensing concerns I think)
- Expanded query function
- API to make bots
- Integrate a TS server into rooms with a direct connect button to the server
- Language Packs (This will be added as we go along)
- Better search functionality for rooms/quote functions for rooms
- Announcement system for server announcements
- Drag and drop sharing/copy paste for every kind of file in server and private chat with new permissions to control this.
- Make it easier to create a server/bots/file sharing
- No paid servers and no server slots limit (so effectively, rely on funds from elsewhere)?
- Improved code sharing and bug fixing system between visual studio and code copied from chat
- More customisation surrounding usernames/text/chat/channel or room names. Modify own colours.
- A donation system for larger communities
- A badge that can level up in it’s own merit (like time using TeamSpeak for example)
- New weblist
- TS hosted Server, potential “Extended” Function, which calculates the size of a server, therefore deploys slots to match the users requirements
- Improved ingame overlay (primarily for streaming)
- “I like all these ideas, but privacy is the priority for me” (DM I received)
- Hotkeys for joysticks, steering wheels etc.
- More friendly permission system (potentially with the option to create your own permissions)
- Calendar system
- Advertising system based on groups
- Perhaps turn TS3 into the TeamSpeak Lite edition (for older PC’s or devices with limited functionality)
- A function for channel tagging/pokes and Channeldescription.
- Detachable UI
- “Focus on the lightness and stability of the program” & “Video and screen transmission on dedicated servers are in charge of the server itself and not the TS servers”.
- Change friend types (Like buddy or guildy etc).
- Checking permissions without changing my own group. (Perhaps a test facility option)?
- (Topic of screen sharing) - Ability to use server bandwidth so the resolution/bitrate can be specified.
- Recording in general (possibility to integrate this into API, however we would need to be careful with privacy surrounding this).
- Cross compatible
- Channel description formatting
- Additional formatting tags that restricts a client version. (Also can be used as a tool for server direction/guides).
- Master Volume TS3 style
- Private server creation, but low latency
- Pin post in a channel (might need more info for this one)
- Overwolf refresher
- Classic TS sound affects/skins
- Wallet/TS Coin (currency)
- GPU - CPU limiter (optimizer/modifier)
- Imrproved server group organisation. The potential to create your own categories for your groups to make for clearer overviews for the SO and users
- Dev mode for TS5 (example shown in post 68)
- Potential for SO’s to see messages posted by users (privacy comes into play here, not sure if this could be done).
- Compatible with Nvidia Shield TV
- A new overlay altogether as opposed to Overwolf
- With an increase of crossplay gaming, we should consider consoles
- Potential to limit emoji’s in chat
- Persistent chat in channels option (so new users can catch up on the previous)
- Hidden channels (that only some people can see, people without permission can’t see)
- A TS official status page
- TeamSpeak voting system for future implementations/feature requests
- Video call topic - NDI support?
- Potential cryptocurrency/TS Coin for activities/rewards etc
- Achievement system in general
- The ability to use protocol links in channel descriptions
- The ability to incorporate iframes and embeds in channel descriptions
- Backwards compatibility to extend to TS2?
- HTTP Proxy support added
- Always show advanced option rethink
- Scroll lock to prevent channel scrolling (which is worse in larger servers)
- Reply function (other users quote appears / app swipe right to reply to comment etc)
- A Webserver GUI for remote server management
- Comment reactions (to avoid the +1, +1, +1 scenario)
- Hide posted message (gif,video) etc and cancel option while downloading.
- ServerQuery access in TS5 (might need a discussion for the best option)
- Group mover tool (move mtuliple people/all with specific parameters at once)
- Server banner rethink (Should be more prominent)
- ARM Support
- New badge system (Do you mean server wise, client wise or both)?
Apologies if there is any duplicates above
(Note for myself, reached post 136)