TeamSpeak Development Status Update

I think the Chatservers are down, that will be the reason, that you can not join in these group.

exact the same here .

Guys calm down, they’re working on the Chat Service…

1 Like

Keep calm, we are currently investigating the issue :slight_smile:

15 Likes

The issues should be resolved now. Sorry for the inconvenience and delay.
We will continue to investigate and monitor the situation.

15 Likes

1 Like

Hi, since update beta 24 that i cant update it, ive unnistalled, even deleted local and roaming folders, and reinstalled it from 0, and still, every time i install it its like im installing the same thing over and over again, tried to update it from the app, it says Restar TeamSpeak to update to 5.0.0. and the windows restarts but doesnt update. im stuck on beta 24 since the release… any help?

When can we expect a server update?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the update! Would it be possible to get the orange, flashing icon on the windows taskbar, when I get a notification? I often don’t notice windows updates because I don’t see the notification off to the side, and I don’t hear the sound. Flashing the icon until I give the window focus lets me notice someone wants my attention after about a minute at most, rather than an hour.

I think that it’s probably done with FlashWindowEx if I recall correctly, at least on the win32 layer. I’m not sure if you’re directly programming on win32, if not I could try and help find out if your particular development platform (electron maybe?) supports window flashing.

EDIT: Just did a bit of research, it looks like if you can call FlashWindowEx with a FLASHWINFO structure containing FLASHW_TRAY, that should highlight the taskbar icon.

EDIT 2: Just in case you ARE running electron, it looks like it should be handled by the browserWindow.FlashFram API: Taskbar Customization | Electron

3 Likes

This would be against Windows guidelines :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From the MSDN documentation:

If you read further you also see that it is only allowed for important notifications and they also specifically say that messages are not meant by this.

1 Like

There’s nowhere further to read on the FlashWindowEx page; that quote is the entire Remarks section.

Furthermore this behavior is present in TS3, and is useful to some users. As an option it would not be detrimental.

1 Like

This is purposely and deliberately not in the client, as it violates Windows Guidelines: Taskbar - Win32 apps | Microsoft Learn

7 Likes

Reading the function description doesn´t equal the guidelines. The guidelines for taskbar button flashing can be found here.

Don’t flash the taskbar button if the only thing the user has to do is activate the program, read a message, or see a change in status.

2 Likes

The guidelines even say to use overlay icons instead. I think this would indeed be a useful alternative.
A lot of other messaging apps are using this already.

1 Like

Thanks for replying, I can understand the choice here. Is there another way to address the issue I’m having? I get pretty focused when I work, but I would like to reply to people who directly message me asap because otherwise important things can go unaddressed for hours (poking me on TS5 doesn’t give me a persistent notification that I was poked either). Teamspeak 3 provides a way for me to see that someone has messaged me through the use of this flashing, and Discord’s solution for this is to update their icon, though I’m open to other options. I just want to be able to look somewhere on the screen after working for a few minutes and actively see that I have a message.

I hope TeamSpeak makes more use of the Windows notification system in the future. There is a lot of improvement right now, but it´s beta, so things aren´t final here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Of course! I’m really glad teamspeak is improving so much, and I love the progress that’s being made. I just wanted to try helping the team find a way to help teamspeak 5 work for me, because I can’t really adopt it if it makes it harder for me to get messages, and that’d be a shame.

4 Likes

As I understand it, now you need to resize the pictures? (I just got home from work and didn’t have time to really study the update) Or is it some kind of bug?

1 Like