TeamSpeak Development Status Update

The Chat Service is working now…
But I can only add Friend’s by Server.

Is this forever or can i add later a Friend by Name?

Hey,

you can add friends by name, simply type the name in front of @tschat-1.teamspeak.com

Example: [email protected]

3 Likes

Okay, thanks can I try it with your Name?

Sure! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The chat system looks a bit like Matrix which is okay. Is there a way I can create my own server which hosts my chatrooms or integrate this with my Matrix and IRC servers?

1 Like

I always get the error when adding contacts -
Failed to Add Contact (Code 3).

username​@tschat-1.teamspeak.com​​

@Teamspeak, when can we expect a server update so that you can really host it yourself? An information whether this will even be the case and when or whether we can expect it would be nice.

1 Like

It works fine, seems you actually have a typo, or that user has not been using the current beta version.

• You need their myTS username
  • Click Add Contact on the left
  • Type their username then @ and their home server (which currently is tschat-1.teamspeak.com)
  • Then hit enter.
6 Likes

It is definitely Matrix. Unfortunately I have not had success using my TeamSpeak account to join a room on my own Matrix homeserver yet. Based on what was said in the original post of this thread, you will be able to host your own rooms on your own homeserver, join Matrix rooms all the same.

Specifically my issue so far is that homeserver isn’t able to find a key for the current TeamSpeak hosted homeserver, tschat-1.teamspeak.com, on matrix.org, and my server is unable to discover how to connect to the TeamSpeak hosted homeserver using /.well-known/matrix/server and it can’t be reached on port 8448 as is default, since the domain is using Cloudflare.

I think federations are currently not active so the tschat-1 won’t be accessible from the outside Matrix network, as far as I understood. Crossing fingers that it will be anytime soon :slight_smile:

Yep that is what I have seen so far, that federation is not enabled yet. I am also hoping that it will be soon, and it shouldn’t be that far out.

I do not know what the TeamSpeak folks are using for their homeserver, whether it’s completely home grown, and so there is work required to implement it, or whether they’re using a popular homeserver implementation that is fully capable already, it just needs to be configured to publish its keys to matrix.org and it needs to be reachable by other homeservers looking to connect.

I could imagine in the future we will see Teamspeak server software with Matrix as the base for all chat functionality. If you don’t need voice and only text based chat you could as well install Synapse or anything else Matrix capable.

Or have the chat and voice functions split into two servers. The new REST API from Teamspeak server would be very interested for such cases. Basically have a Matrix server and use Teamspeak as a voice integration/bridge.

Flashing is on my todo list.
I completely agree with your argument, happened to me a couple of times as well when I was away, returned to my PC and missed messages from coworkers because the notifiaction only stays for a limited time (not sure, not specifiying a timeout so should be Windows default).

Personally I’d be ok with flashing only, that’s a) more prominent than an icon change and b) what I’m used to with other software, e.g. TS3 or Pidgin. But that’s details and can certainly be discussed. I’d suggest flashing first and then look at more possibile options later (or just stay with flashing only).

EDIT: Done, though Windows only for the moment

10 Likes

Hello, how did you get those good looking channel banners? :wink: I tried to manually slice the pic i want with photoshop but it just gets so stretched and bad looking :confused: I also tried to play with stretch and keep aspect ratio, but it just stays the same, thanks in advance

I made them myself (Long time ago)
You can find the psd source in my topic.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I hope i will be able to do that with my picture :wink:

Are there any plans for further beta invites? :grin:

They will open another Beta Wave soon, so keep an eye on their Social Media and Community Pages :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Or the open beta can start, I want to add my friends at the new chat system :smiley:

1 Like

I dont think so, that a open beta can start, because they must be a lot of work to be done. :wink:

2 Likes

very pleased. omfg.

Does this mean there will be an open federation? Or is it already open? In the latter case you probably have to setup delegation, because by default homeservers are expected to listen on port 8448.