TS Server Group/User Sorting in channels

Heyo, so I know how to use the sort id to sort groups on the server group list, but there seems to be a way to make users in a certain group appear above someone else when in the same channel, for example, I have a jr admin tag which has ID 27, but appear above users with Admin, which has id 26, we have tested this other way around with them having jr admin and me having admin and I still appear above them, before this wasn’t the case though, any clue to how we can fix this? I’d like to have certain ranks with different sort ID’s appear at the same height in channels

1 Like

Clients are sorted in that priority:

1. The value of their talk power (value in permission i_client_talk_power)
  2. Has the is talker status
  3. The Alphabet

The ID or Sort order of groups does not matter.

4 Likes

So I am a server admin on a group i am part of and been learning team speak little by little. We have a few tags including military tag (Arma 3 Star-sim) and one issue i have is if someone has the staff sergeant tag someone with a recruit tag ends up above them and i am not sure how to fix that as well as name… depending on their nickname it also puts someone of low ranks above a high rank… is there a way to properly fix that?

Welcome to the Forum.

The clients are arranged in the server tree firstly by talkpower and secondly by alphabet.

“Hi”
You can use the : i_client_talk_power; to sort people by S/C groups or by identity.
Have a good day.

Hello. Please I have a question I am trying to figure out how to make ranks in order but like in channel

so in a channel, you can see Owner then manager then admin etc not in the server groups tab but in a channel I want to see the names / ranks in order here is an example

Do you mean how to Create a Channel Group?

Channel Group Tab -> Right-click and create a Group

no like, i want the helper in this screen shot to be above me Screenshot - d2fbcac4f2de8c03c179760c22ccbf5a - Gyazo

I have the problem that like in this screenshot:

VIP is under the default. The Talkpowers are:
Onwer = 75
VIP+=60
Normalo(Defalut)=1

How can I change the sort order?

In the shown image their talk power can not match with described talk power.

Please check them.

1 Like

Hi,

I have this issue above where people are not being sorted via their talk power, I have checked and no role is set to ignore talk powers but I cant find any indication as to why this is happening.

It’s also not rearranging clients when assigned a new role with a higher talk power so just a bit confused as to whats happening, would appreciate any insight as to what would be causing this.

That seems to be due to the talk power set by your channel group. When enabling SKIP on your Server Groups, the values of the channel group will be skipped. You can also delete the Channel Groups / remove the talk power.

Appears to of worked thanks

1 Like