TS3 crash when changin default driver on windows

Hi when i close SteelSeries gg software and the default windows driver change ts3 crashes.
this is the error:
ERROR |Windows Audio Session| |[Playback] RenderDeviceContext callbackWaits2 wait exceeded 5 secs 258 - SteelSeries Sonar - Chat (SteelSeries Sonar Virtual Audio Device)

1 Like

This error message doesn’t show any crash.
It only shows that your virtual audio device took to long to answer the client.

1 Like

It’s the last thing that the log shows and this happens when i start up SteelSeries gg when ts3 is open.

1 Like

Having the same problem!

Downloaded GG yesterday to take advantage of the slide function on my SteelSeries headset, and when I close or open GG for some kind of reason TS3 crashes when trying to interact with it. Happened to a friend to. He uninstalled GG and TS3 stopped crashing.

Same here. Everytime when I connect to a server or if I want to close TS the app freezes and crashes. After starting TS3 again, I can connect without error and can see myself on the server until I time out ^^.

Last entries in a log file are always like:

2023-12-18 16:00:22.977407|INFO    |SoundDevManager|   |Windows Audio Session - DEVICETYPE_PLAYBACK - Default device changed: {0.0.0.00000000}.{556bba58-19fb-4e80-a5a4-ea85690cc6f8}
2023-12-18 16:00:27.981973|ERROR   |Windows Audio Session|   |[Capture] CaptureDeviceContext callbackWaits2 wait exceeded 5 secs 258 - Microphone (2- Logitech G733 Gaming Headset)
2023-12-18 16:00:27.981973|ERROR   |Windows Audio Session|   |[Playback] RenderDeviceContext callbackWaits2 wait exceeded 5 secs 258 - Headset (2- Logitech G733 Gaming Headset)
2023-12-18 16:00:32.982974|ERROR   |Windows Audio Session|   |[Capture] CaptureDeviceContext callbackWaits2 wait exceeded 5 secs 258 - Microphone (2- Logitech G733 Gaming Headset)
2023-12-18 16:00:32.982974|ERROR   |Windows Audio Session|   |[Playback] RenderDeviceContext callbackWaits2 wait exceeded 5 secs 258 - Headset (2- Logitech G733 Gaming Headset)
2023-12-18 16:00:37.983277|ERROR   |Windows Audio Session|   |[Playback] RenderDeviceContext callbackWaits2 wait exceeded 5 secs 258 - Headset (2- Logitech G733 Gaming Headset)
2023-12-18 16:00:37.983277|ERROR   |Windows Audio Session|   |[Capture] CaptureDeviceContext callbackWaits2 wait exceeded 5 secs 258 - Microphone (2- Logitech G733 Gaming Headset)
2023-12-18 16:00:39.775572|DEBUG   |SB            |   |onUpdateClientEvent: serverId = 1, clientId = 59, invokerID = 0, invokerName = "Server", invokerUID = ""
2023-12-18 16:00:42.983974|ERROR   |Windows Audio Session|   |[Playback] RenderDeviceContext callbackWaits2 wait exceeded 5 secs 258 - Headset (2- Logitech G733 Gaming Headset)
2023-12-18 16:00:42.983974|ERROR   |Windows Audio Session|   |[Capture] CaptureDeviceContext callbackWaits2 wait exceeded 5 secs 258 - Microphone (2- Logitech G733 Gaming Headset)
2023-12-18 16:00:44.742842|INFO    |SoundDevManager|   |Direct Sound - DEVICETYPE_PLAYBACK - Default device changed: {28B28BD3-CEE3-4C1D-84B3-2BF56E7B4368}

What is going on ? this problem is still active for so long… will any dev fix this one day or what ? all users of SteelSeries GG Sonar are facing this issue and not only the one using it, any changes related to default audio devices will make TeamSpeak crash… PLEASE DO SOMETHING !

Nope, not for me (both my normal setup and tested in a clean sandbox). Could you test if it still crashes when you start TS3 with the -safemode parameter?

Also I tried to test specifically Sonar in a sandbox but (luckily for me) the spyware did not even start - so I can’t tell if they violate the Windows Audio Session Protocol somehow causing unexpected behavior :person_shrugging:.

I’ve already tried to use safemode and it still crashed.
And it only happens with ts3.

I tried with safemode and same result… What is the malware you are refering to?
This is not relatrd to SteelSeries GG Sonar btw the issue is only with TeamSpeak any device add or remove while TS is ON makes it crash… Same story is using Nvidia Broadcast for example… This onoy happens to TS i didn’t encouter it with any other software even similar softwares like Discord, Mumble… Other software baqed on audio neither like Skype, Telegram, WhatsApp… Only TS problem that wrongly deal wtih audio devices…

You could maybe focus a little more on the problem instead of just saying that logs doesn’t show anything… Problem is quite easy to reproduce and logs are showing nothing useful… It is there for months since last 2 or 3 updates i think…

As I stated before, the problem is not easy to reproduce. I just tested with, also with both the stable version of TS3, as well as with the beta version. And I switched between both hardware and software devices including NVIDIA Broadcast. When it crashes for you with any device switch, I have to assume it is not related to TeamSpeak itself but rather a faulty plugin. Try starting the client in safemode and ensure no plugins are loaded by checking in the settings. Also you may want to provide a crashdump if you really want any help.

The problem is easy to reproduce… Don’t “switch” device but make a cahnge to audio device… So for example… Close steelseries gg app… To make sonar virtual device disappear… Or having teamspeak open, simply start steelseries gg app to make sonar devices be added… And it will make TS crash… Any added or removed audio device makes TS crash so it is actually easy to reproduce…

NO! As I said before this is exactly what I tested. Switching, adding, and whatever the default and default comms device in Windows. It did not crash! BUT, I was unable to test with Sonar, as it didn’t want to start in my sandbox.Why don’t you want to test in safemode, or at the least provide a crashdump? How do you expect to receive any help like this?

Currently i’m driving, out of home, it has been tested with safe mode same problem… Creator of the topic provided you logs already… Switching/changing existing audio device is useless as the problem is with “changes in audio devices” like add/remove devices while TS is runing… Discord for example only shows a pop-up “new device detected, do you want to switch to this new device” while TS becomes unresponsive and you have to force kill the process… And restart it… If someone is hope and can give you crash dump would be nice… But again issue IS EASY to reproduce as it is happening with at least 10 of my friends exact same problem… Windows 10 (don’t know if same issue under windows 11)… If you have any usb audio device you can also produce the bug… While TS is runing just plug the audio device… Or if was already plugged when you started TS… Just unplug it and TS will become unresponsive… Try to open settings will not work o ly solution is force kill process to restart…

Like I said previously, I already tested the safemode and ts3 doesn’t create a crashdump (I already tried to make ts3 to crash and in the crashdump there is none of the crash date). So this is it, there is nothing more to add on our part and the problem is only ts3(and i think with everyone starts/closes sonar while it’s open) because any other application doesn’t crash.