TS3 FPS While Gaming

Has anyone had issues with TeamSpeak dropping FPS? I will be playing EFT just fine, even with discord running (load at ~23%). The second I run TeamSpeak while playing a game the FPS drastically drops and the load skyrockets to 96-100%, making the game unplayable due to the video lag. I found some forums saying to turn off the news ticker and for other settings to be adjusted but I haven’t had any luck with the FPS returning to normal. I have 16GB RAM and 6GB VRAM so it shouldn’t be hardware…

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you.

is your graphics card driver up to date?

I have tried opening either or first and it didn’t make a difference. I have had some luck with another method. I went to the task manager and turned the TeamSpeak priority to low and changed my game priority to high. The CPU load dropped back to nomal. The lagging went away for the most part, but here and there I get the occasional screen jerk.

Yes, all is up to date. Since I have changed the app priority it has been working for me well. I have been running 60 FPS and seems to have been a good fix. Thank you everyone for the support.

2 Likes