TS3 will not open - API-MS

Good morning,

I downloaded TS3 on my computer and kept getting “The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.” After doing research, it was suggested to make sure all new windows updates were installed. After checking, they weren’t, so I downloaded and installed them all. I also uninstalled and reinstalled TS3 and I am still getting the system error. Any suggestions on what to do to combat this issue? Please let me know! Thank you.

-Death

Windows 8.1

let me copy what i wrote in old forum

It seems that the latest Windows updates aren’t installed on your system.
The required update KB2999226 is missing or broken.
Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows - Microsoft Support

Possible solution:

• Install the latest Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 updates for your system. You don’t have to install optional updates.
  • Try to download and install the right “Visual C++ Redistributable” again and please reboot after setup.

Our download:
Index of /ts/client/redist

Official download from Microsoft:
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (64-bit)
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (32-bit)

1 Like

Okay, I have updated my windows updates. Let me try the C++ and I will get back to you!

Both windows and C++ are both updated and it is still showing the same issue.

I attempted to uninstall the C++ programs and reinstall and I’m getting “Setup failed - One or more issues caused the set up to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup. For more information see the log files.” 0x80240017 - unspecified error

Now I am receiving “The program can’t start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”

The installation of mentioned Visual C++ Redis failed on your system.

Sorry i can not help you with this.