TS5 Disconnects from server and wont reconnect. TS3 no problem

Are there any logs on the client side I can look at to try and figure out what’s happening when the TS5 client disconnects? I’ve never been present when it happens but I’ll get back to my computer and the client is disconnected and unable to reconnect on its own. I have to exit the app and restart it. When I’m running the TS3 client I don’t see this behavior.

Logs are stored in

%LOCALAPPDATA%\TeamSpeak\Logs\Default

When your client can not reconnect in new tab then the socket that was opened for this server tab is still in use and was not freed when client timed out. It should not happen but it happens and the problem could be anywhere in our software or in drivers or firewall etc.

Here a new server tab does fix it and a client restart is not needed.

Ps TS3 had the same problem.

5 Likes

Hello,

i was chilling for a while on the official teamspeak beta server.

After some hours I got disconnect, I tried several times to reconnect but nothing helped.

So I restarted the client and tada it worked again…

For my Fav Stuffs, some logging (The Log is so big that I shorted it…):
JaXnPriVate TS Community - Pastebin.com

2 Likes

Please read post above yours.

That’s actually not a bug and can happen.

4 Likes

As I have already written, a client restart worked. I closed the tab several times and because there was an eternally long period of time in between, my firewall should also have understood the timeout. Despite the missing ACK at UDP, the timeout was already very high and if you had read my logs you would know that the TSDNS has problems resolving.

And that’s exactly the reason why I haven’t put anything in the forum for a long time, threads are moved back and forth here and in the end the whole thing does not help. I have attached videos and logs in the last reports which are simply not observed.