TS5 mic just stops working

Hello,
from time to time my mic just stops working. When I restart TS then it works again.
Mic: Shure SM-7b
Interface: GO XLR
When the bug appears then the mic only doesn’t work for TS. In very other programm it works just fine.

Thx for your tips it if probably a bug from the beta

Does the problem appear in Win10 too?
If the mic stops working in the newer version you can downgrade and hope later for a new update. That’s the easiest solution.

Do you watched in the Client logs for problems?

What does exactly happen on your machine, when your audio stops? (Like Windows Toast-Notification popping up, etc.)
Also is it only your Mic failing, or your playback device aswell?
Can you provide any logs from TeamSpeak C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\TeamSpeak\Logs\Default You might find an Error-Entry in there.

I had a similar problem on my Shure SM58.
My problem was another application taking control (possibly discord or steam) and therefore the mic would just stop working until I restart ts5.

I just disabled the exclusive mode options in windows recordings preferences.

1 Like

I have the same issue on Windows 10.

It seems random. I have an ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero motherboard with realtek audio, I have Sonic Studio 3 installed. Just in case someone could report the same issue. I thought maybe Sonic Studio might be taking control or something, seems more likely than discord or steam since everyone has those and the bug would be more common.

Hope more people can come and report this!