TS5 Security Level optimization

Its only using one cpu thread. Suggestion to use all threads.

1 Like

Would not agree to change this at all.

When we add this it will be easy for trolling users to raise their level and come back to a server where a higher security level.
The longer it takes to create a new identity with high level the better the setting on server works and the chance that such user gives up is higher.

P.s. we do not suggest to use a higher level than 30 on server. Not for a technical reason but there is absolutely no point raising it above. If you still want to do it you have to live with the time and energy you waste then.

5 Likes

In general I have to agree. The security level is a proof of work.
BUT there are tools out there that can increase the “security level” much faster - through multithreading.
I am really torn about this one…

1 Like

Alright, got ya.
Then imo the security level system is kinda outdated.

Maybe add following option to server owners:

1. Anyone can join
  2. At least need an valid (email verified) MyTeamspeak account
    a. At least have an MyTeamspeak-Account 12h+
    b. At least have an MyTeamspeak-Account 7 Days
    c. At least have an MyTeamspeak-Account 30 Days
    d. At least have an MyTeamspeak-Account (individual value)

If someone just created a new TS-Account maybe add the possibility to admins, to make an exception for that client.

2 Likes

I think the part with “need a valid MyTeamspeak account” would be really nice for some Server Owners. I don’t think that it matters how old the Account is but just giving the Server Owners more possibilities to keep trolls etc. from their Servers is in my eyes a welcomed Feature.

The option for users with active myTS ID is planned but for now it needs a ban

3 Likes