VCRUNTIME140_1.dll Error

Hi, I’ve been having an Issue with Teamspeak 3 where when trying to start the app, I get the following error:

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I’ve tried reinstalling Teamspeak 3 - Same issue. I even manually redownloaded the VCRUNTIME140_1 dll file, no fix. If someone has a way to fix this, I’d appreciate it.

That file should be part of the visual c++ redistributable distribution.
I’d try to install the latest vcredist package in hopes it contains the 140_1 runtime you’re missing.
See if that fixes your issue :).
Are you using 64bit or 32bit TS3?

That file would be in C:\Windows\System32 for 64bit installation and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 for 32bit.

The latest wont do.
The version you need is 2015(_xp) I think.
It should be this one:

the newer versions should contain all older ones, too. At least that is what Microsoft says :smiley:
at least all >2015
as described here under Note: Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn

Additionally I thought the Teamspeak Installer contained the required vcredist. But it seems I am mistaken.

It does. But it will only be invoked if it is not installed, thus it wont repair any damages.

The .dll files are in the respective locations on the OS, but its not working still

Try reinstalling the vcredist package, it might be that those files are corrupt.
You can also run a system integrity check if you think that might help.
If you did reinstall/repair the vc++ runtime and it is not working still I’d wait for the teamspeak dudes to respond for further instrucitons.

Yeah still no results. I guess now we wait for the Teamspeak overlords

I have the same problem, somebody fix it?

Would not recommend downloading core OS DLLs from any other site than a genuine Microsoft one.

Eepecially Russian/Indian sites.

Such DLLs might contain malicious code inside them and this might break your computer. I would rather suggest googling a phrase like ”vcruntime140 not found” or anything like that. Maybe there is a solution to that and if not, then it might be necessary to do a OS reinstall.

Once more, DO NOT DOWNLOAD CORE OS FILES FROM ANY OTHER SITE THAN OFFICIAL ONES, UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING AND/OR THIS IS YOUR LAST RESORT! THIS MIGHT BREAK YOUR COMPUTER IF YOU’RE NOT CAREFUL ENOUGH!

2 Likes

i cant run ts3 bcs my pc cant find VCRUNTIME140_1.dll.
please Help