Which Codec is better? TS or Discord?

I ask this thing for information but I will always remain in the world of TeamSpeak, As Quality of Audio is better now currently TS or Discord? because discord On Propi Servers makes available with Free 96Kbps plan is better than Ts?

1 Like

Both client use the same codec (Opus).
Only difference is the bandwith usage… So there is no difference.
To be honest, I don’t understand why the DC consumes so much bandwidth…
I didn’t notice any difference in quality.

1 Like

It is difficult to determine which service provides better audio quality overall, as it can depend on a variety of factors such as the type of server being used, the quality of the connection, and the specific settings and configurations of the service.
In terms of audio quality, both TS and Discord offer high-quality audio options. TeamSpeak allows users to choose from several codecs with different bitrates, with the highest quality codec (Opus Voice) offering a maximum bitrate of 128 kbps. Discord also offers a range of audio quality options, with the highest quality audio available on their Nitro subscription plan, which offers audio at up to 96 kbps.

in a nutshell what would be the best? if I have a discord level 3 server i.e. 384kbps and I use the maximum potential of TS the best in aspect of voice quality and speed?

Totally agree with that comment !

the difference though changes If I have a boost discord 384 kbps to 128 server offering ts the difference is abysmal

Double posts

Hi, I would have some information, currently teamspeak 3 has the Best quality than Teamspeak 5?

Also, currently Discord has better quality than Teamspeak?

I am waiting for feedback thank you ^^

All use the same codec :smiley: so its all the same.
Only difference is the bandwidth, discord has a limitation.
If you use teamspeak is depend on your hosting/ISP :slight_smile:

hello! instead about teamspeak 3 and teamspeak 5 who has the higher quality? is there a difference?

Well as i said , there is no difference becouse both use the same codec :smiley:
Same quality :slight_smile:

If it can give everyone who creates their own server a higher 384kpbs sound quality, ts is better than discord.

2 Likes

That’s completely incorrect. There’s 2 main factors that contribute to the quality of digital audio. One is the codec, and the other is the bitrate. Can’t do one or the other, it’s always both. If it was MP3 at 128k, that would be donkey balls. If it was AAC at 128k, a lil bit better. If it was 128k Opus, that’s pretty decent. Anything above like 256k Opus basically is perfect quality, that does happen at a certain point with any* codec.

If a service used 32k Opus, and another uses 256k Opus…they both use Opus, but that does NOT mean they’re the same quality. Notice the bitrates are different. That is what determines the actual quality within the codec itself (in simple terms, anyway).

There ARE other factors than these 2, like how much time or power was put into the encoding of a file or stream… but that’s more of a thing with video codecs, but it is here too. Negligible though.

1 Like