Why i cant disable the 'Automatic voice gain control'?

Nope, if someone says that you are getting unbearably loud it is on them.
AGC has been moved to playback for a long time now.
So if someone complains to you tell them to disable AGC on their end in the playback options.
(When you test your own audio you will still hear it with AGC - this does however not affect the transmitted signal.)

that makes no sense. why do they have to change their own setting if i am to loud and other people not. i can fix it by using 3.3.2 version and turning of ‘automatic voice gain control’ and there don’t even have to change something.

Problem:

i am playing music through my MIC in Teamspeak. On my ears its very low sound. Its not louder than my voice.

For others its blasting their ears.
When i play the music so loud its loud on my ears its still the same volume for others.

The Channel is Opus Voice “6”.

I have EVERYTHING turned off in recording options, no extra stuff like echo canceling etc.

I dont know why this problem occurs…
When the Song features a lot of “bass” the music gets quiet.

In all my settings its set to 48khz
Windows everything “extra” like enhanced signal stuff is also OFF.
i have NO clue why this is happening :frowning:

1 Like

what withdrawn? What do i need to flag?

im confused

hi,
I just deleted my post because my answer was kinda useless since i don’t really understand what was your problem the first time i read it.
I tried with the same software and everything was good on my side, except the sound quality and some cracks when i move my mouse.

I found the problem “automatic voice normalization” or something, it was a OPTION in 3.3.2 but not anymore, THIS IS CAUSING my problems!

And when using a slightly older version a Plugin i need for RP doesnt work anymore… this setting is ruining it because it got removed!

Its now under playback but its turned off!
Still, when playing music VERY quiet teamspeak just PULLS IT UP and it sounds awful.
When played LOUD it pulls it down… its annoying and i dont get why they removed it…its literally the only root of my problem.

And the thing is i dont know in which version it got removed. :frowning:

Make a clean installation of ts3 maybe ?
To be honest i don’t really catch your problem i’m sorry ^^

Hey, Try
1: Setting >> 2: Option >> 3: “Capture/Mic Settings” [Echo Reduction Reduces playback by = “# of dB”]
at least try 3 - 7 dB

Solution 2
You can try it with the Volume plugin.

#Solution 3
Check that “Do Nothing” is selected under your Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Communications -> Check “Do Nothing” .
This is a Windows setting!

#Solution 4
Check your installed sound card driver or install the latest version if you haven’t done yet.

The problem is with the people listening to you.
THEY need to disable automatic gain control in their playback options.

1 Like

Yes i found out that this is the problem… i dont get why they changed it this way :frowning:

2 Likes

Yo even though this is an old post I literally just made an account to say thanks! Was driving me crazy and the older version works just fine for me so far. No idea why discord made newer versions inbuilt with this annoying feature. Thanks again homie!

thats the biggest mistake, they did.

i was looking for days for a solutions why i am hearing me so loud and miserable
and you telling me it is not on my side? and that TS3 only shows how the other people hear me while they have the “AGC” on. that way i can set up my mic for years…
— so the “test Mic” button is just useless lol , and i will never know how they hear me gg

OMG sry but the guy that had that idea should be fired :wink:

PS: downloaded TS5 where you can turn off the AGC on your side, so i know how they hear me.
why is that on TS5 the correct way, and on TS3 not?

Dude im so damn Angry … i just cant play GTA Rp because it requires salty chat
and salty chat is not compatible with 3.3.2 teamspeak
Which would be the solution to my automatic sound problem…
TEAMSPEAK JUST ADD THIS GOD DAMN BUTTON BACK FFS…

1 Like