Alpha Testing?

Hi

** Overall, how long have you been using TeamSpeak? (any version) **

TeamSpeak 2, TeamSpeak 3 and TeamSpeak 5

** What OS / OS are you currently using? **

Currently, I mainly use Windows.

** Are you currently a server owner **

Owner of an NPL licensed server.

** On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being poor and 5 being best), how would you rate your technical knowledge of TS? **

After all these years learning how to work with clients, permissions etc … the only thing I have never tried so far is to create SDK (4/5)

1 Like

Hey im be Interested.

Im working since the begining with Teamspeak 3 (Linux & Windows Based)
Im having a Server since 2009 (Public) / Linux Server. Current Version (3.13.3 on Linux)
Knowledge 5/5 I would say :wink: I love the permission system!

If you have more question feel free to DM me :smiley:

Best Regards,
DannyEF (RatexIndex)

1: I am not sure exactly, but it’s been at least 7 years.
2: I currently use Arch Linux, but could test on Windows also.
3: I am a server owner.
4: 4: I feel like I know most things about how to configure a server, and the little things TeamSpeak does, but not all. I was digging around the program files and noticed many things I have no idea about, and never seen them mentioned on the forums or anywhere else.
5: An option for TeamSpeak not to hog the audio to itself. I don’t know how to describe it or what the technical term is, but when TeamSpeak is open VLC and other media applications mute themselves by default. This only happens when I have TeamSpeak or TeamSpeak 3 opened.
Also the option for different clients to transmit at different audio qualities: We sometimes have a music bot within the room but if it’s set to the best, it even transmits some of my friend’s noise which is not audible when the codec is set to Opus Voice.

1 Like
  1. Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)
    ~8 years on and off

2. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?
    Client: ArchLinux (EndeavourOS) and Windows 10 20H2
    Server: Ubuntu 20.04

3. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?
    Server owner and active user on it

4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?
    Due to my IT background I know everything about hosting the server but only the basic stuff that being an admin requires about the internal TS-specifics like the intricate rights management configured in the client.

5. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

• Dark theme - big time!
  • I’d prefer if the TS client remains a native application and not some Electron web app with bad performance like MS Teams and the like.
2 Likes
  • Since 2012 TS3 and TS5 since 2020
  1. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?
  • Android & Windows 10
  1. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?
  • Server owner & active user.
  1. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?
  • 4 Have my own server, all use advanced permissions.
  1. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?
  • Screen sharing & video sharing. Because it’s nice to watch and show things together with people. TS5 plugins function ;D / Text Chanel where I can embed bots for information

Sience 2013 or 2014

1. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

Windows

1. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

Im a active user

1. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

3 I think, im not the Best and not so Bad

Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)

4-5 years

What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

Win10

Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

server owner and active daily user

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

• screen sharing
  • better audio routing
  • scratchpad for game/map discussion in channel (maybe upload pic and then all can paint on it)
1 Like

I forgot that i sometimes use the IOS APP :slight_smile:

i like the scratchpad idea!

Hi,
I would love to test the new client.

I would say since about 10 years. Maybe even longer.
Windows 10
3. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?
I am a server owner and user. I am hosting a server for gaming with my friends. It’s not a clan or something like that but just a server for old and new friends.
4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?
Maybe a 4. Not 100% sure what you need to know but I know my stuff about the basic settings that can be done via the UI (advanced permissions, channels, etc) and also know how to use API and Server Query, because I programmed my own little bot.
5. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?
Cross platform support. A cooperation like Discord is doing right now with Sony would be awesome.

1 Like

I’ve been using TeamSpeak since version 3 and around mid 2013.

Windows, Ubuntu, Android.

Server owner and active user.

Between 4-5.

I would add screen sharing as sometimes there are moments when someone wants to share their screen and then we have to use an external program to do so.

1-15 years
2- Windows 10
3- server owner and active user
4- Experience Level 4
5- Web-Interface with Server-Viewer and administration portal.

Wow! This has gotten a lot of replies. Thanks everyone! (If only the sorting hat was real)

18 Likes

(Alpha Tester here)
Good luck to everyone, I’m excited to see who will be joining us!

9 Likes

I am interested to try and help with the alpha version, here are my answers to those questions.

I have been using teamspeak for about 10-12 years now.
The current OS that im using is Windows 10 Professional.
I am currently an active user for different teamspeak servers. I have been using this communication platform almost every day since 2008-2010. I used to manage different teamspeak servers to.
4 <<— As I said, I use to manage different teamspeak servers, I also had to learn some different tools and techniques back then when I owned different servers.
I would love to see in the future something like a video related feature, may be a screen-share option? Basically another way to interact closely with other users.

1 Like
  • Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)
    I use Teamspeak since 2012.

• What OS/OS’s are you currently using?
    Mainly I use Windows when I am using TeamSpeak, but sometimes I use the MacOS Client too.

• Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?
    I am a Server Owner and when it is possible, I prefer to also use TeamSpeak as a User.

• On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?
    I rate myself a 4. I use TeamSpeak a long time as a User and as a Server Administrator and I think I have technical knowledge about TeamSpeak. But I also think it is also possible to get more knowledge about the TeamSpeak Servers functions and configurations.

• Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?
    I would like to add more Client Events to the Server Query System to give developers more possibilities for great external Bots / Applications.

1 Like

I would love to participate and be chosen!

I’ve been around for 4 years, I started in 2017.
    Currently use Windows 10
    I am an active user, I do not have any own server.
    I think I would rate it a 3, although I have helped to configure servers and others I need a little to be “experienced” in ts3.
    The only thing I would think so far is that we can create our own servers for free.
1 Like

1. Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for?
I use TS3 since 2010 or 2009 maybe.

Normally I use my main computer with Windows 10, but I also use my Mobile with Android and a laptop with NetRunner.

I am currently the owner of a TS3 server with a 512 slot non-commercial license, Where my community and my friends play some of them with me in the beta phase of TS5.

Maybe a 4, I have been using TS3 for more than 10 years and on the server side I have always known how to fix problems, although I have never studied plugins.

i think the client and the server needs more ways to share information with your friends such as videos, images or streaming, if we use programs to communicate with other people it is because we want to share with those people.

Thank you for reading :3

1 Like
  1. I have been using teamspeak since 2013
  2. I am currently using windows 10 operating system
  3. I was the owner of the servers but at the moment I am an active user
  4. To assess my technical knowledge of teamspeak, I would have to know 100 percent of the possibilities of this program, so my knowledge is 3
  5. remote desktop, video calls, integration with other media applications and a premium account that would have access to special functions
  1. Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for?
    Since 2013 (Version 3.0.13.1)

Windows 8.1 and 10, Linux (Ubuntu), Android 11 (Mobile)

I am an active user mostly on the official public server of TeamSpeak