Alpha Testing?

1. Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)

Just over 7 to 8 years now

1. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

Windows, Android, and iPad

1. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

I am active and I have ran a server. I was in the sponsorship program before I departed my old community.

1. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

5, over the years I have gained advance knowledge of the system teamspeak runs off of including the Server sided systems.

1. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

Personally I love messing with permissions but colored permissions would be cool as a separation of groups.

1 Like

Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for?

• since 2015

What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

• Windows 10 Pro

Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

• I am an active TS3 user and server owner

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

• Share the screen or a function with which you can watch videos in the channel synchronously with other users.:smiley:
    Since ~2007, i started with TS 2 and i am a constant user.
  2. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?
    I use win10 mainly and win7 , sometimes i also use linux for testing (i am a system administrator) so i use a couple of OS and i have a some of machines at home for testing.
  3. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?
    Server owner and active user :slight_smile:
  4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?
    *I would say that 4. But only because I feel that my knowledge of the permission system could improve a bit. Although it is more of a server side. Soo if we only take the client side, I think 5.
    I also used ts2 for years and ts3 since 2011-today and i am also testing ts5. I try to experience everything I think as a server owner better if I can help users if they have a problem. *
  5. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?
    Web client, as many people are used to, it is popular and a fact and it is true that it is not a bad thing.
    Screen sharing, Because it is also a useful feature and since the pandemic, a lot of people have started using this feature.
    I think it’s important that the TeamSpeak client can keep up with the times, be able to serve the needs and meet the expectations of the users.
2 Likes

Hi @Five_Alive !
Here’s my “application”, and yes: I’m posting this as a TeamSpeak addict:

I’m using TeamSpeak since 2010, and have also been a very long-staying and active user for now. I used it for windows, linux and later for android as well.

I mainly flew into TeamSpeak, and used it very active. Only a few years later, I took a look at the TeamSpeak 3 misc and also have made my own add-ons, which I publicated officially on myTeamSpeak. Oh, and I’m also moderating the german channel of the Official Public Community Server.

Windows (10) right now primary, and sometimes Linux as well. I can handle both operating systems very good. I’m a android developer as well, but I didn’t use the mobile app so much, only sometimes.

1. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

Yes. I’m currently leading an international public TeamSpeak server as well. And in the past years, I also managed servers for myself or other peoples, mostly for friends. ^^

It was also very active, with users, licensed and passioned too much.

1. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

5! Pretty sure — I may cannot go 100% into details, but I can sum it up.

More information's about this, open >> here <<:

When “5” sounds unbelievable, we can set a 4¾ as well.
There could be some gaps in my knowledge. :sweat_smile:

I know quite everything about the TeamSpeak software, history and also about the company somehow. But the basic’s are 100% sure at the moment. I also tested the TeamSpeak 5 Alpha client from September 2019 — March/April 2020. And I’m also still testing the TeamSpeak 3 client right now in the latest alpha versions.

More about my time in the old alpha stage, open >> here <<:

I’m also able to keep the details secret, with contract or not. If you want to hear more informations or stories about my time in the alpha stage, feel free to get in touch with me. You can also ask me anything about this topic, it might be interesting. :slight_smile:

1. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

Personally, I would make some changes. The biggest topic for me was the public server list, and also the country database. But anyway, I’m still interested to test the alpha stages again. :smiley:

NEW:

(6.) Supplement

I’m a huge fan of TeamSpeak and its software since many years now. I registered for the beta in early 2019 for the beta because I was very excited to test the brand new TeamSpeak software at this time. And recently, I’ve got also alpha access for some reasons. Latelly, because I’ve never signed an NDA at this time, I wasn’t able to get access to the new alpha-channel-stages.

Mostly, I love to explore softwares and see how their «trip» goes on, over the next years. I’d also like to hunt bugs, and of course to report them directly detailed and also very carefully explained, if it’s wished.

I really hope that you've enjoyed my tiny application. It would be pretty valued, when I get a response from you guys. I look forward to a nice conversation, hopefully going on. (^_^)

Kind regards
MCG

4 Likes

Since 2009

Mac OS Windows 10

Server owner and active user.

4 Have my own server, all use advanced permissions.

Screen sharing and Video sharing.

Hello All Together,
Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak? (any version)
I have been using Teamspeak since 2006 With Teamspeak 2/3
I have been using Teamspeak 5 Beta since 2020

Windows and Linux
Windows (client version) and Linux (client & server version)

Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but not running your own server), inactive or a mixture of both?
Currently I do not own a server.
But I do help others set up Teamspeak servers.
I am an active Teamspeak user who helps others when they have problems with Teamspeak.

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you rate your technical knowledge of TS?
I rate my technical knowledge with 5 because I have 15 years of PC/Servern/Teamspeak experience.

Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t currently exist on TS, what would it be and why?
I would actually find a music bot integration Quite good. I would also like to see a way to do video conferencing and of course a way to share the screen.
In this day and age, video convergence has become very important and the ability to share the screen helps to quickly help others or share work results in convergence with the company.

I wish you all a nice day
Yours sincerely, Sebastian [msebastian101]

• I use teamspeak from 2015
    Windows 10, Android, Ubuntu

2. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

• Server owner and active user :slight_smile:
  • I think its 3/4
    Drag and drop to send files :slight_smile:
  1. since 2014
  2. Windows & Android
  3. Server Owner since 2016
  4. 5
  1. I have been using ts3 since 2017 and ts5 in 2020
  2. Windows 7 and 10 and android
  3. Iam an active user
  4. 3
  5. Video sharing and better phone app

About 10 years.

Windows 10.

3. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?
I am currently the owner of the server, but only for my closest friends.

4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

5. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?
The ability to set the description to the status “AFK”, the option to share your screen with someone. Nothing else comes to mind. But there are probably a few more ideas.

Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)

A little over 12 years.

Windows 10 Pro - 21H1
Android 8

Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

I am a very active user and server owner. I’m still using Teamspeak every day which is why i even have Teamspeak with an automatic connection to my server in the windows autostart.

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

Hard to say with TS5 beta, but its probably a solid 4.

Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

As others mentioned before, I’d also like to see screen or especially application sharing with decent volume management implemented in the future, because we currently always have to switch to another third-party software which has a significant lack of customization options for this feature.

1. Ts2 first time then constant ts3 user.
  2. Win10
    3)Server owner,Admin in a big community (200+ Users)
  3. 5
  4. screen sharing/ tools to record and upload automatically into channel

Probably since 2014/2015 and TS5 since the end of 2020

Actively Windows 10 but I have experience with Linux too

Active user using TeamSpeak daily and co-owner of a small server

Normally I would say 4 but since someone else is doing the group management at the moment I have to say 3 since I’m a bit rusty in it

Integration with other software for example Twitch, where you could get a group assigned when the connected channel is live. Maybe a streamer mode which hides some critical information. Possibility to stream webcams since we need to switch to some other software I don’t want to mention here :sweat_smile: and I think in combination with that the possibility to share the screen to others within the channel.
Also since I’m already in the beta I would maybe add the possibility to have the private/channel chat on the bottom like in TeamSpeak 3.

Would be awesome if I could participate in the alpha!
Best regards

Hey everyone :wave:

Below is my application for the Alpha Testing program.

-> Meanwhile, I’ve been using TeamSpeak since the end of 2011. I started using TeamSpeak 2, then TeamSpeak 3 and now TeamSpeak (5) Beta.

-> Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 / iOS

-> -> Currently I have my own server, but due to maintenance it is only accessible for contributors, but I am actively involved on several servers.

-> Since I have constantly dealt with technical problems and situations over the years, I would rank my knowledge at a good 4. There is always something new to discover, which means that you always learn something new. I’m pretty sure that it’s almost impossible to know everything.

-> I would add something more or less new: In TeamSpeak 2, there was a web panel for server administration that you automatically had access to when you created the server. This was quite helpful for managing the server and you could then do without third party programs.

I hope you are enjoying my application and I look forward to receiving a response.

Kind Regards
Cornelius

3 Likes

3 years

Windows 10

1. Are you currently a server owner, an active
    user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

Active user and server owner

Don’t need to. Keep it minimal.

TS3 probably since 2016… not sure
TS5 since 03/2020 (possibly even longer since I had cracked version previously) :wink:

Windows 10 (Both Home and Pro versions) Insider Preview (Beta channel) and Android

Active most of the time, owning non-licensed server on small VPS running Linux Ubuntu server (But I am planning to switch providers around maybe going to try some licensed hosts)

Ima give it 4, the UI is more modern with more general features not relying on teamspeak server itself, but the issues I sometimes have are too annoying to deal with.

Well we all have seen this post so there is not much to say other than minor audio handling details I would like to see.

1 Like

Hey! I would be happy to participate in the beta testing.

Since around 2015.

Client: win10
Server: ubuntu server 20.04.2

I am a server owner since 2018 and active user aswell on other servers.

Around 4, because once I had some security problems with my server and had to use forum’s help to dig deep into the Server Query. I’ve also tried to code some plugins, but none of them are worth mentioning.

Besides the screensharing, a webclient that is able to run on any kind of system that is using html5 would be nice aswell.

1 Like

Hey there,

I would love to be a part of the Alpha team

Since the start of Teamspeak 2 and ever since…

Currently using Windows 10 mainly, and also use Mac OS and Linux on a daily base.

I own a lot of server, some a running Ubuntu, Debian and also Windows Server OS.

5, i am a IT-Guy and have nearly worked with Teamspeak (Client & Server) since Teamspeak 2, so that would be a 5 i think :slight_smile:

My personal most wanted feature is 2FA or even FIDO2 support. For more security these days.

2 Likes

Overall, how long have you been using TeamSpeak? (any version)
Since 2010
Windows 10 & IOS
Are you currently a server owner, active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mix of both?
Server owner & active user
On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you rate your technical knowledge of TS?
4 - Have my own server, use all advanced permissions.
Optional question - If you could add something that does not currently exist on TS, what would it be and why?
Screen sharing & video sharing, a simpler chat system and addons (like in TS3).

1 Like

I have been using Teamspeak since 2013 (Teamspeak 3 and now Teamspeak 5 beta)

I am using it on Windows 10 and Android

I am currently owner of two servers, and i am a really active preson

i would say 3, but i am still growing my knowlage

I rellay want to see screen/video sharing function in the future.

1 Like