Backup your server instance or migrate onto a new location

I am migrating to a windows vps, how can I migrate my version of teamspeak linux server with all the avatars icons etc?

You should’ve used the search function in first place.

Now read post one in this thread.

4 Likes

Hello,
After migrating my server to new VPS, all client databaseid, channel id’s, groups id’s is changed to new. I wanted to see what it looks like in the database and I can see that there is a column ‘client_id’ and ‘org_client_id’, is it possible to restore data from org_client_id? Ie. I would like the channel id, group id, and client id to be as before (such as in the org_client_id \ org_group_id column).

Thank you in advance

1 Like

There is only one supported way to do this and this must be done with a backup of your old database.
We do not give support doing anything in the database manually.

4 Likes

post moved by moderator

Hello,
My Teamspeak3 server hosted on a server at my home had crashed (I was unable to start it). So I thought maybe there was an update. So I download and install the latest version (unzip and copy / paste directly into the Teamspeak3 folder keeping the old folders, copied for security, in another folder).
When I launch Teamspeak, the window of a very fresh installation appears as if I had lost the settings.
I backed up the files:
-ts3server.sqlitedb
-.ts3server_licence_accepted
-query_ip_blacklist.txt
-query_ip_whitelist.txt

How do I recover my server? Thank you for your help.

Edit:
I read this post:

Somethings are missing (I never seen this files before):
-licensekey.dat
-serverkey.dat
ts3server.ini
ts3db_mariaDB.ini

Your backup of the ts3server.sqlitedb is empty or you made a backup while server is running
OR you placed the ts3server.sqlitedb on wrong location. These are the only ways the server will start like a fresh server.

Then you did not read all of my post.

4 Likes

post moved by moderator

Hey,

So previously I hosted my ts server on a Windows 10 pc 64bit

I then moved to a deviated server runned with ubmutu but when I tried to back it up it did not work I just copied all the files in the server folder and put them in the new server it did not work.

Please follow the how to i gave in post 1 or this thread.

That is not much detail you gave us here :wink: Logs or anything else?

3 Likes

Definitely. I was already looking for something related to this…

Thanks very much indeed. My old home (Win 7) server literally went BANG a couple of hours ago, and now I have the same setup on my Linux machine. :slight_smile: Thanks so much :slight_smile:

moved by moderator

Hi there,

Currently hosting an TS3 server on AWS EC2. I usually work my way around cheap or free hosts so i have to make a new server everytime. My idea is, is there anyway i can download my server “design” (rooms, icons and permissions) to use it as a template everytime i change host?
Thank you

After moving my (ts3server.sqlitedb-wal,ts3server.sqlitedb-ssm & ts3server.sqlitedb) my server wont start anymore, what can i be doing wrong???

These files should not exist when server was shutdown as I wrote in my main post.

It can be that your database is corrupt now and this is why server won’t start (read server log 0).

1 Like

So i delete those files first and then shutdown and then move files from my old server and restart?

No.
You shutdown the old server (the way i wrote it) and the files will be gone.

These files can contain temp data and need to be written into the ts3server.sqlitedb on shutdown.

1 Like

Please stop saying “as i said” “the way i wrote” im not saying you didn’t ok?. Im just not understanding.

So before shuting down my old server i download the files, that was my problem (not doing that) ?

Please take some time and read one Step and do what it says. Then go on with the next step.
If you have further question for any of the steps feel free to ask.

It’s nothing personal, I just do not like to repeat the same things that are given already.

2 Likes

Yea i understand that its just im not understanding exactly the steps and tought it would be ok to ask for help, no worries tho i’ll find a way

Which of them or all or?

1 Like

I have been Running a TS server locally on a Laptop for my clan to use. i built a dedicated PC to use for hosting and would like to move my TS server over to it and keep everything intact. How would i do so correctly, which files do i retain from the lappy ? There isn’t any solution out there that i’ve found. i tried a couple things, but its not working… ANY help would be great!