This thread will explain how create a backup of your current server instance and all of it’s files. (ignore step 2).
And you will see which files are needed to migrate/move your server to a new location / machine (all steps).
A simplified version exists in our FAQ but we like to offer you a step by step guide.
Fowling steps are an universal solution for every Operation System.
It does not matter if you move from Linux to Windows or to Mac OS etc.
- Stop the current server instance (Do not kill it! Or else you will not be able to start your new server for the next 2-3 hours!)
Shutdown your server instance (Expand to get a how to for your operation system)
- These are official supported ways. to shutdown the whole server.
All ways will shutdown the whole instance and will report, that slots are not used anymore.```
* All operation systems: In the ServerQuery interface you can enter the command `serverprocessstop` * Linux/FreeBSD shell: The command `./ts3server_startscript.sh` stop if your server was started with `./ts3server_startscript.sh start` * Windows: Right-click into the Server Tray Icon -> Then press `Exit`
- Download the latest server from our website and install the new ts server on your target machine.
- Don’t use a Root / Admin account for the installation!
- Copy following files to the target machine:
.ts3server_license_accepted licensekey.dat query_ip_blacklist.txt query_ip_whitelist.txt serverkey.dat ts3server.ini ts3db_mariaDB.ini ts3server.sqlitedb
- In case of MariaDB do not forget to move your server database to the new server.
- It could be that not all listed files do exist on your machine. Don’t worry about that
- Copy following folders to the target machine:
- Start the server on new location or machine.
- Keep your backup from Step 3 (and 4 if you like). It’s always good to have a backup.
- Do not use this How-to to make a running copy of your current server. That’s not supported. Copies will deny to start or will shutdown on their own.
The topic in this thread is all about
making a backup of the server or move it to a new location.
Every Off-topic posts won’t get any answer or will be removed from this thread.
Please search for the topic in our forum first and create a thread for your problem in case you could not find any related topic or answer.