Can not save audio settings on non-default device since b65

Greetings, the audio settings still cannot be saved (e.g. switching VAD mode or AGC) when not using the system default audio devices. Even creating a new TS profile doesn’t help. Behaviour switched with beta65 already.

1 Like

Looks fine here when i change AGC oder VAD setting.
Even on Restart it is still in state where i left it on my (Default and non default device)

With new profile you mean you deleted the settings.db ?

Topic moved because it is not related to b66 release.

2 Likes

At first I tried to rename settings.db, but it didn’t work…
Second try was renaming AppData\Roaming\TeamSpeak - to create a complete new profile, didn’t work either.

Then I had a look into the SQLite db and the JSON blob of the audio settings - it didn’t save my changes to the db. After restart even the device wasn’t the correct one. Is element 0 in the JSON’s first object layer for output and 1 for input? Otherwise the settings are saved vice versa :wink:

The other problem I see in the JSON: my selected device is “sometimes” saved in the JSON, but is missing in the “devices” -> “Windows Audio Session” sub list. Even some other virtual output devices are missing here. Are the devices maybe not recognized correctly as in- or output devices?

Hi,
few months ago I started having a problem with Audio processing setting in Teamspeak. When I update my client, my Audio processing setting just reset itself to default and I cannot override this setting as you can see in gif below

Only way to fix it is to completely uninstall client and than install it back. Do anyone know, how to fix this issue? Reinstalling after every update is annoying.

1 Like

Which OS do you use? If its windows, you might try to start TS Client with admin privileges.

I use windows and starting with admin privilages does not helped.

post moved by moderator

Hello,

Teamspeak 5 isn’t saving me setting for example when I try to set my VAD mode to hybrid and I close the settings it just switches back to automatic. Is there a “secret” save button?
Or is there a config file which I can edit?
I’m on the latest beta version which is beta67.

Thank you for your help,
Sirclassic

Working fine here if i change VAD to Hybrid.

Maybe you have the same Problem like here:

Could you provide a Client log? Maybe we find something in the Client Log.

I have a GO XLR and the track which Teamspeak is using isn’t the default audio device but the default communication device.
I’m don’t know where to find the logs could you name the path please?

Logs are stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%\TeamSpeak\Logs\Default

Same issue…

Logs :

[2022-01-20 01:42:09.144] [info] Initialized with 2 channels in 32bit, 48kHz. - Chat Mic (TC-Helicon GoXLR)

We can not reproduce this but we know it can help to wipe the setting.db file.

Following is on own risk and we are not answering questions related editing a database!!!

We warned you.

Optional: You close the client and use an SQLite editor and delete the audio settings.
So only these need to be re-done.

6 Likes

Hello,

Even after your manipulation, the settings are still not saved.

Can confirm, doesn’t save. Even deleting and re-creating the whole profile doesn’t help.

I am willing to make myself available to find a solution.
It’s really problematic.

JSON audio_settings :

{"0":{"mode":"","device":{"description":"System","formFactor":2,"id":"{0.0.0.00000000}.{f2a8fc81-2c6f-4efe-902a-cef06c333779}","interfaceName":"TC-Helicon GoXLR","name":"System (TC-Helicon GoXLR)"},"devices":{"Windows Audio Session":[[{"description":"Sample","formFactor":2,"id":"{0.0.0.00000000}.{feb0eb13-ceed-4d5b-834a-8dbad95f4327}","interfaceName":"TC-Helicon GoXLR","name":"Sample (TC-Helicon GoXLR)"},{"aec":false,"agc":true,"comfortNoise":false,"comfortNoiseLevel":-60,"echoReductionLevel":0}],[{"description":"BenQ XL2430T","formFactor":9,"id":"{0.0.0.00000000}.{8617d9b1-a86d-44e1-a192-3018e5d69c59}","interfaceName":"HD Audio Driver for Display Audio","name":"BenQ XL2430T (HD Audio Driver for Display Audio)"},{"aec":false,"agc":true,"comfortNoise":false,"comfortNoiseLevel":-60,"echoReductionLevel":0}],[{"description":"Haut-parleurs","formFactor":1,"id":"{0.0.0.00000000}.{e201e8bf-4cc9-4e70-8d5c-9ae30afaf6e5}","interfaceName":"Realtek USB2.0 Audio","name":"Haut-parleurs (Realtek USB2.0 Audio)"},{"aec":false,"agc":true,"comfortNoise":false,"comfortNoiseLevel":-60,"echoReductionLevel":0}],[{"description":"SPDIF Interface","formFactor":8,"id":"{0.0.0.00000000}.{f59d676b-088f-4838-a884-bbaa91dfdd75}","interfaceName":"Realtek USB2.0 Audio","name":"SPDIF Interface (Realtek USB2.0 Audio)"},{"aec":false,"agc":true,"comfortNoise":false,"comfortNoiseLevel":-60,"echoReductionLevel":0}]]},"masterLevel":0,"notificationsDevice":{"id":"voice","name":""},"notificationLevel":-23,"global":{"agcExperimentalMode":false}},"1":{"mode":"","device":{"description":"Chat Mic","formFactor":2,"id":"{0.0.1.00000000}.{94b5747e-c470-4683-aabe-bf4f15f01f7f}","interfaceName":"TC-Helicon GoXLR","name":"Chat Mic (TC-Helicon GoXLR)"},"devices":{"Windows Audio Session":[[{"description":"Sample","formFactor":2,"id":"{0.0.1.00000000}.{e6d63174-1b55-4cf3-a3a2-0ce54f52be2f}","interfaceName":"TC-Helicon GoXLR","name":"Sample (TC-Helicon GoXLR)"},{"agc":true,"denoise":true,"denoiserLevel":1,"typingSuppression":false,"vad":true,"vadMode":0,"vadLevel":-30}]]},"ptt":{"active":false,"releaseDelay":{"active":false,"ms":300}}}}

Edit : It works again, to be followed…
I updated the Intel Chipset and then rebooted the PC and it worked again.

It’s happening again since yesterday
We need a solution

I closed all my programs in the background and was able to edit my settings again. And since then it works again.
The application must be in conflict with another one…

Getting the same issue.
Only started for me a couple days ago.
On Windows 11, with Go XLR
TS5 is on 5.0.0-beta68.1

Maybe an incompatibility with the GoXLR ?

Hello everyone,

every time I try to save my teamspeak 5 audio settings they just reset. Here is a video with a example: teamspeak 5 - YouTube
I’m on the newst version of Teamspeak: 5.0.0-beta68.1
Teamspeak 3 makes no problems what so ever.
Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanks for the help.

Sirclassic

There seens to be some sort of incompatibility in TS5 with the GO XLR.

Have a look at this topic/post and maybe it fixes the problem. Even if it is temporarily.