Client Beta 72 won't start anymore

Thanks. Forwarded the crash dump to a developer.
Can not tell if there is going to be a fix soonish. Most of the company (including me) is on holiday already.

I got no idea what else i could ask.

As a temp solution you may use TS3 or beta 70 and delete the next.patch file from the config folder when stopping the client
Or use b71 and delete the next.patch file after you stopped the client.

Config path is:
%AppData%\TeamSpeak\Default

Beta 71 does crash often when pressing the mouse. So b70 is the better choice.

Unofficial beta 71 client. I canā€™t grab the official installer after our Build systems moved.

3 Likes

Yep, it works. Many thanks. Hope thereā€™s gonna be a real fix out soon, but this will do for now. Until then, I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a good start into the New Year.

Thanks . You too :smiley:

We analyzed the crash dump and your crash happens in Chromium / CEF.

It looks like in your system Googleā€™s OAuth2 is active and maybe set as an environment variable.
Now Chrome / CEF based applications will use this way to identify the user. Our application does not need and support that.

Similar to (read the comments. especially the last one)

Our Devs canā€™t fix this problem.
Now you must act and decide what to do:

• Option 1 live with this
  • Option 2 wait for later updates and maybe a different Chrome / CEF will no longer trigger this crash. This is not in our hand.
  • Option 3 Remove the OAuth environment variable from you system or make it so it only uses specific apps (we do not know how to do this. This requires you to read Googleā€™s Documentation in case there is one.
4 Likes

Same problem here, but there is no next.patch file to delete in said folder, neither if teamspeak is closed nor if running.

There wonā€™t be any patch file as long you use beta72.

Please read both red marked posts.

1 Like

I have read both red marked posts and am using beta70.

I have the same problemā€¦
Using Win 11 Pro

Hello.
After upgrading to beta 72 from beta 70 (available via the installer on your site), my copy of the TS5 client stopped responding to attempts to launch it. I click on the program name icon from the start menu and I donā€™t get any response. A sample solution to the problem would be highly appreciated :slight_smile:
my log and my crash dump
logs Upload Files Easily | Fast File Upload and Sharing Up To 10GB
crashdumps Upload Files Easily | Fast File Upload and Sharing Up To 10GB
they may be of some help

and sorry for posting this earlier in the wrong thread

Thatā€™s currently our statement to this. You must act as I wrote.

3 Likes

moved and split by moderator

I have another issue my app wonā€™t start only start when I remove ts and relaunch the installer do you have a fix for this too ?

Hi, I have a problem launching TeamSpeak 5. All I can do to launch TeamSpeak 5 is remove it and after that install TeamSpeak 5. (installation has a checkbox to launch and that works only.)
But reinstalling TeamSpeak 5 every time I want to use it is annoying. Do you know what should I try? It just happened and I can t solve it. I hoped it s a bug that will be fixed but now I don t think so.

1 Like

Hello. My friend is having some issues with TeamSpeak. As she updated the client, TeamSpeak restarted and didnā€™t open anymore, so she tried to uninstall it and re-install it to make it work again, and it worked. Now everytime she closes or updates the client, it wonā€™t open, and she has to re-install it everytime.

TS5 Version: unknown
Crash Report: blank

2 Likes

Where do you find the crash reports? I believe Iā€™m having the same issue. One day it will work and the next it wonā€™t. It just changes its mind whenever it wants to work.

Iā€™m running WIndows 10, TS5 Latest.

Crashdumps can be found in AppData\Local\TeamSpeak\User Data\Crashpad\reports.

1 Like

Thanks, I just had a look and theyā€™re empty. Itā€™s generating them but thereā€™s nothing inside them.

Edit: So after reading this, it seems like Chrome has given me enough reasons to yeet it out of here. Thanks Chrome, you useless piece of trash. :confused: Basically the new internet explorer in my opinion.

Itā€™s not Chrome to blame here.
Itā€™s Chromium we are using here. I will change that in my reply.

The crash happens in Chromium / CEF and any software using Oauth2 may have added a system variable to use it or is running in background and triggers it.

Ps if there are crashes generated, then there are crash dumps. (Not talking about mostly useless Windows crash dumps for software)

4 Likes

Hello,
I too have the problem with the beta 72 version, so I reinstalled the beta 70 version but when I launch the application it systematically updates me to beta 72. How do I prevent this automatic update? Thanks !

How to stop auto update is not the topic for this forum thread.

1 Like

Workaround found!

I had the same problem (see Decā€™22)

After a new installation of Windows, Beta 72 works without any problems.

This raises the question for me whether it might only happen to people who have patched from Win 10 to Win 11.

The Teamspeak team should investigate this very carefully. Because nothing has changed in my programs except that they are all reinstalled.

1 Like

After I reboot my system, TeamSpeak 5 doesnā€™t open anymore. The only workaround I have so far is uninstalling and reinstalling the client. That works, till the next boot. Repair does NOT work for me. Tried it several times.
Iā€™m using Windows 11 Education 10.0.22621 and Teamspeak 5.0.0-beta70.
The Client also wants me to update, but whenever I press the restart button teamspeak closes itsself and thatā€™s it. Nothing happens afterwards.
I found this line in one of the logs:
[0315/212859.891:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(446)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is disabled, ANGLE is
However, Iā€™m not using any passthrough, I donā€™t use a vm or anything like that.
Apart from that all log entries are info or warning.