Could not open file transfer connection

Hi, can you help me? I want upload icons on my server but when i do that it will show me this mistake!

<11:17:10> Transfer "icon_3062351678" reports: (could not open file transfer connection)
<11:17:10> Transfer "icon_3827804641" reports: (could not open file transfer connection)
<11:17:10> Transfer "icon_2018126079" reports: (could not open file transfer connection)
<11:17:10> Transfer "icon_2890856665" reports: (could not open file transfer connection)
<11:17:10> Transfer "icon_1160384089" reports: (could not open file transfer connection)

Thanks for help…

Do you have the required port open?
Default port is: 30033/tcp

No, can you help me how i can do that ?

this server is on your pc or rented from a hosting?

As stefan said, let us know if it’s self hosted (windows / linux - which linux edition).
There’s different procedure on each operating system.
If it’s windows you have to go under control panel/ firewall settings and add the required port.
It it’s linux you need to check the default firewall if it’s enabled and then add the required port.

1 Like

My TS3 server is hosted on my VPS

From this guide you will see the required ports

As i already told you the needed port is 30033/tcp.
So you have to open this port in your server’s firewall.

3 Likes

Hi, all that ports is opened!

All required ports is opened. And now it show this: lost file transfer connection

I upload all icons via serverquery but in the client i see only 2 icons but i upload 30 icons

check the write permissin on the server folders maybe this is the problem

Yes i used
sudo chmod 7777 and folder of teamspeak

this is a screen shot f the error:

Port for file transfer is not opened for the right IP

1 Like

i opened all the local TCP ports in the firewall and retried but same problem

Now open your Router Page and open the Port for the right (LAN/WAN) IP.
And try with firewall turned off.

Read server log which port is used. Maybe log 0 says another log or gives your an error on that.

1 Like

my server log doesen’t show that error neither the client one.
and i did open the ports on my router page.

But the log tells you which port was used. This was my first sentence.

• - is no IP AFAIK (make sure this really works with your router)
  • Open just that one Port for TCP (it is a bad idea to open such big range!!)
1 Like

i did make it only one port(i did close the big range and left only 30033 on UDP and TCP)
but the "- is no IP AFAIK" i can’t uderstand what do you want me to do, or what d you mean by that.

I do not understand all of the things you show on the picture because i do not speak french.
And it looks like you did not tell your Router which IP the Port is opened for and i do not know how your router works (Please read the manual for the router.)

Do not open UDP when Port is for TCP. this is pointless and may break the port forwarding.

1 Like