Could not open file transfer connection

startserver via “createinifile=1” start option (./ts3server_startscript.sh start createinifile=1, then you will have ts3server.ini file, adjust the “filetransfer_port=” setting, and put port eg 30033, then check your firewall, restart server. It will work.

anyone know how to fix “Transfer “avatar” reports: (could not open file transfer connection)” its poping out after try to change avatar, and i cant load users avatars D: (i try open a ports, firewall config, and thats dont help me)

Hi,

If you operate the server yourself, make sure that the file transfer port (30033 by default) is enabled.

Otherwise, contact your server provider.

From this guide you will see the required ports

i open all needed ports i test it on 8 diff servers and i still have that issue.

The port must be forwarded to the right IP on the server.
This is not a client issue.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The icon for the server was not found

Hellos everyone i have an issue like title say , the idea is that i wanted to change my avatar ,not uploading a new one , i had an avatar in the past , when i first try to upload it i have this issue
nenene

then after i try again an error in the log appears and it says this.

can i have what solution to fix it? thanks a lot in advance.

Hey @JaldoReX

Port for file transfer is not opened for the right IP

TeamSpeak

Which ports does the TeamSpeak 3 server use?

TeamSpeak 3 Clients will contact the server in the following ways: Service Protocol Local Port (Server) Remote Port (Client) Voice UDP 9987 …

1 Like

Excuse me how is that Fixed ? should i reinstall TS or i should contact the server’s admins?

Have you tried to set the Avatar on a another server?

i don’t have any other server to be honest to try.

is this your server?

no it’s not my server , i am a guest/member in it

Then please contact the Server Administrator. 30033/tcp.
So he have to open this port in his server’s firewall.

thanks a lot , i will do that

1 Like

Is the file transfer port open?

When i go to upload a icon to my role that i made it says this message:

Transfer “icon_3347185561” reports: (could not open file transfer connection)

You need to open the File Transfer Port:

TCP: 30033

how do i open it

Like you open any port on your router?

Maybe this helps you: How to Port Forward - General Guide to Multiple Router Brands | Support | No-IP Knowledge Base