Could not open file transfer connection

i cant upload icons for server groups. i keep getting a “Transfer “icon_2177790619” reports: (could not open file transfer connection” error message. i read that i have to port forward but idk how to since i am not hosting mine.

Then you have to contact the server host to open port 30033 TCP. We cannot help you with this.

Ok so how do i change the port on Linux 3.13.7

With start parameter filetransfer_port=12345. This one must be used every time or else port 30033 is used again.

1 Like

Okay so where do i input this

in terminal where you start the server
./ts3server_startscript.sh start filetransfer_port=12345

Or create/use ts3server.ini file where paramters can be entered and then command would change to
./ts3server_startscript.sh start inifile=ts3server.ini

1 Like

**THIS IS A FIX**

I noticed you are using Pterodactyl panel there.

Make sure you have allocated the port 30033 on your Nodes tab for the specific Node hosting your TeamSpeak server. Then go to the server and allocate the port as an “additional port” and save. Restart your server and you should be good.

source: using Pterodactyl panel for 5+ years now.

edit:
I got a message

Your post was flagged as off-topic: the community feels it is not a good fit for the topic, as currently defined by the title and the first post.

I just want to state that this IS A FIX to THIS USERS PROBLEM. It may not be what people are googling for, but this is literally a fix for the thread openers issue. If it’s not for you, don’t report out of anger.