Email or passwored change (gcm: tag doesn’t match)

It worked!

I didn’t understand the issue at first, so sorry for my griping.

Changing the password in the TeamSpeak client solved the issue with submitting the password during the mail changing process.

1 Like

We just looked into the account but it had latest encryption version already.

But I’m glad it worked out for you.

3 Likes

moved by moderator after solving issue

I changed my password with absolutely no problems, a few minutes later i wanted to change my email and after clicking on the link sent to the new email to confirm and entering my password it just got stuck processing forever. I wanted to try from the start again and then it just said there is already an account with the new email even though there isn’t.

Change or reset password?
What is the error when you do the last step again after clicking the last link? Please read the last point in my main post about that.

1 Like

there is no problem with the password, as said above. i have problems with confirming the email change.

Last point is for email OR password. Not just the password.

1 Like

It’s the same error as the one in the main post, i think.

So now back to the password.

Did you change the password on the website or in client or did reset the password on the website.

This makes a difference in the encryption of the account.
The error message translated in human “Given password does not match and can not encrypt the stored data in our database”

Tried a password change before the email change and it was fine for my 2 accounts.

1 Like

i changed the password on the website

Ok.

Could you login before our fix from today? So that you could login last days ~around Friday till yesterday.

If you could i currently do not know why password doesn’t math then.
I will add you to a list to evaluate the account.

1 Like

yes no problem, after i changed the password i could login normally.

There is to much going on now with accounts.

I forgot that we had such topic in your combination.

Please expand this

Edit: Some posts below i explained why this needs a client. Encryption happens in client only.

2 Likes

That worked. Thanks for the help.

I also got the same issue.

Please read and do following

2 Likes

Hi guys,
I still got the same “gcm: tag doesn’t match” error when trying to change my email address.
I tried everything mentioned, changed the password a few times in the client (3.6.2) and even got a new recovery key (although I still got the old, original one…)

When confirming the Change Email Address form with my password the error still shows up.

Any further advice on this?

Kind regards, No-L

Have you changed the password to the same as before? This won’t trigger to update the encryption version (AFAIK).

When you are in client 3.6.2, do you get anything about encryption in your client log?
That’s the other thing i can think of.

4 Likes

Hi @TS.ChrisR,
i changed it to a few different passwords, but still the same.

My Client log says nothing about encryption (searched for “enc” and “cry” :wink: )

These are the logs when I change the password:

22.02.2024 17:30:06 SyncImpl Info Requesting password change
22.02.2024 17:30:06 Info requested new mytsid data
22.02.2024 17:30:06 Info disconnected from push system.
22.02.2024 17:30:06 Info connected to push system.
22.02.2024 17:30:06 Info tried to request user integration info without valid session
22.02.2024 17:30:07 Info disconnected from push system.
22.02.2024 17:30:07 Info connected to push system.

Kind regards, No-L

Edit: I just downloaded the Teamspeak 5 Client and changed the password there, tried the link out of the mail to confirm the new address - still that “gcm: tag doesn’t match” error :frowning:

1 Like

:frowning: No one any idea or advise?

I fear you’ve run into an infrastructure issue we had just yesterday that caused several systems to be read-only.
Please just try that again! I cannot see any successful email change request for your account since February 22nd.

6 Likes