Email or passwored change (gcm: tag doesn’t match)

I have checked multiple times, and the password is definitevly correct.

This is the error message I receive (same as stated above):

This is true for three different devices and four different internet browsers, all without any addons, plugins and with cleared caches.

Again, I made sure several times that the password I put in is correct (it’s the password I used to log in to these forums and myteamspeak after all)

merged by moderator

I can’t change my password here: myTeamSpeak

Please check the error(s) you get in console (F12 in most web browsers).

Can you change it in the client?

2 Likes

Hello, I can’t change my e-mail address either. I have already tried with Edge and FireFox. In the last step, the process always hangs at “Processing” when I click on the confirmation link in the new email to the new address.

grafik

1 Like

1 Like

The error means that the entered current password does not math the encryption in our database.

Is this still the case and what about the client i asked?

1 Like

Yup, still the same thing, and the same error message in the console.
I don’t understand why such a simple but crucial problem won’t get fixed.

I took us ages and this topic came up at least twice in a week and we absolutely had no clue.
But now we found out why this happens.

We assume very old client versions are used for these accounts.

Years ago (yes more than 5 years) the encryption was updated and the website requires that new encryption and fails because old clients still use the outdated encryption.

Solution:

Be aware that this step may require your Recovery key!
So you might get your backup or create one in Client's account settings 
before installing the latest client.
  • Try again to change email or password

If above did not help go on with following

• Change the password in the mentioned clients (to a different password)
  • Change your email if this was the initial problem
    ** Change the password back if you like
9 Likes

That worked for me, thank you. I had to reset my Recoverykey with the “Force” Button.

1 Like

I am not sure how using the client should help with this issue as it doesn’t have the option to change the myTeakSpeak accounts mail address (only password and user name).

I even tried installing the TS5 beta client linked in your post, but that software doesn’t allow for a mail change either.
The only way is through your website, which is, as already proven, bugged.

EDIT: Just to be safe, I tried changing the email address through the website again, but I am stuck at the same step, with the same error message posted in this thread.

1 Like

The client is doing the encryption locally on your machine. And the website requires it to be the latest version of that encryption.

The client could change the email but we won’t build that in there. That doesn’t fit there.

Have you started an old client again? Please don’t run any client starting version below 3.5.x.
And you don’t get any warnings or errors of encryption and get asked to enter the recovery key??

1 Like

Again, I am not sure how starting the client should help?
I want to change the mail address connected to my account.

I can login just fine into the client, without any errors. The client version is 3.6.2.

The client is the software to encrypt your account data.
It’s also to update the encryption on your account data in case encryption was done with old client and never was updated. That’s why you needed a newer client.

What you could try is to change the password in the client itself (it must be a different password then the current one). This updates the encryption again.
Then try to change the email on the website and change password back if you like.

That’s the only idea I got without looking into the account to see which encryption version your account has. I will do that after the downtime tomorrow.

4 Likes

It worked!

I didn’t understand the issue at first, so sorry for my griping.

Changing the password in the TeamSpeak client solved the issue with submitting the password during the mail changing process.

1 Like

We just looked into the account but it had latest encryption version already.

But I’m glad it worked out for you.

3 Likes

moved by moderator after solving issue

I changed my password with absolutely no problems, a few minutes later i wanted to change my email and after clicking on the link sent to the new email to confirm and entering my password it just got stuck processing forever. I wanted to try from the start again and then it just said there is already an account with the new email even though there isn’t.

Change or reset password?
What is the error when you do the last step again after clicking the last link? Please read the last point in my main post about that.

1 Like

there is no problem with the password, as said above. i have problems with confirming the email change.

Last point is for email OR password. Not just the password.

1 Like

It’s the same error as the one in the main post, i think.