How do I get a new recovery key? // My Badges are not shown in client

Yes, it said that I must confirme that I risk to lose data without the recovery key. But than I got one by e-mail and it didn’t work.

The key you get in mail when you reset a password is for the password reset on the myTeamSpeak website.
Not for the client.

We never send any recovery key via email.

We do not know anything about your encryption. Only you get the information shown in clients.

4 Likes

on my dash board on the teamspeak website i have showed your badge : 21 i logged on ts3 with the same account but i did not saw any badges and when i use some codes it typed to me u already have this badge but in “configurated badghes” i dont have any one badge what i can do to release them back

1 Like

First of all, have you tried clearing your cache?

Secondly, is it possible that you recently changed your password and did not enter the recovery key?

2 Likes

Thats not a bug.

Please check your Client log for errors, maybe you can post it here. :slight_smile:

I tried to request new recovery key and nothing happens it only typed in log something about errors of request so i cant find my recovery key what i can do ? :confused:

Please read post 2. Your account is encrypted and you need to use fallback or enter your recovery key.

3 Likes

Hey I have set up my PC again, now installed Teamspeak again and logged into myteamspeak.

Now I get the notification
“Unable to decrypt data, please apply encryption backup key”

Unfortunately I no longer have it, but I created a new one under Tools -> Options -> myTeamSpeak -> New Recovery key

This was neither shown to me nor sent by email.
How can I get this key?

If you reset your password you need to enter your recovery key.

If you don’t have the recovery key there is no way you can encrypt your Data.

You now need to do a Fallback to get a new Key, but you will loose all your Data that is saved in your Account exept Badges.

Here is an detailed Post about that topic:

ok thx

Hey there,
i logged in to a new computer. When i was asked to add the recovery key i added an old one. I realized it afterwards (that it was an old one). So where can I change the new key?
[I made a new password, got a new key from my pc and then i wanted to change the one on my laptop].
I can’t find a solution yet on the internet. I tried to deinstall, delete all configurations, logged out , logged in again… but I can’t change the key.

In TeamSpeak 3 or Teamspeak 5?

In TeamSpeak 3:

When you are still logged in and did not reset your password, then you can still generate a new one in the client under " Tools -> Options -> myTeamSpeak -> New Recovery key ".

1 Like

You have to re-encrypt your data.

If you are still logged into the client, export your synced data for backup and restore it after a fallback.
After that, you can get a new recovery key.

This would be in „Settings -> Account -> New Recovery Key“.

1 Like

Screenshot_2

I’m trying to make a new reovery key but when I click it in the settings I get a window to enter my password and than it closes. I don’t get a new window to copy or save my recovery key. I know the password is correct because if I purposely put in a wrong one I get an error. Any help?

I guess you can’t create a new one because TeamSpeak already asks you for one. If this is the case you need to enter your old recovery key or perform a fallback.

1 Like

Thanks, had to do the fallback since I don’t have the old recover key. Not sure why the new recovery key option didn’t work though.

So all your data is encrypted on the server so no one can access it.
There are two keys that can decrypt this data. That is the password and the recovery key.
Once you change your password there is only the recovery key left.
So to generate a new one you need a key to decrypt the data - which would be the recovery key.
But as you don’t remember the recovery key you need to perform a fallback to delete this encrypted data.

1 Like

It’s a password reset that needs the recovery to be entered to decrypt the account data.
Password change (in client or on website) does not need the recovery key.

5 Likes

post moved by moderator

Can you say, where i can generate new Recovery Key. I mean that I have same error as Kash1nko. Thank you. :slight_smile:

You only get a new key when you are logged in and the account is decrypted or you made a fallback.

4 Likes