How do I get a new recovery key? // My Badges are not shown in client

Recovery code for my Ts3 Account - #2 by TS.ChrisR this should help you

This Link is better: How do I get a new recovery key? My Badges are not shown in client - #2 by TS.ChrisR :smiley:

A friend of mine has reset her myTeamSpeak password in the TeamSpeak3 client, because she didn’t remembered it. After this, all her badges are gone / are not displayed in the client anymore. She still has them, when logging in through the website. But when logging in (works now) with myTeamSpeak in the TS3 client, they don’t appear there anymore. Or are not synchronized. I’m not familiar with that.

My question: How to get the badges she has on the website synchronized to the client?

Have a look at this post.

1 Like

Ok, thank you very much. I’ve read all the information there. However, I don’t really understand (from a technical point of view) why the badges get lost. Local data like identities understandable (she just wants her badges), but the badges are stored on the server, they are still listed on the website and are bound to the myTeamSpeak account, aren’t they?

She doesn’t have her recovery key, as far as I know. So it is possible to get the badges back to the client again without the recovery key but with the instructions under section “What you need to do now”? If so, I’ll then try to reset my password too and try that method out. I just don’t want to loose my Jedi / Early adopter badge. :grimacing:

No guarantee but afaik the badges should re-appear after a fallback.

1 Like

So just to be sure: Badges are never lost and will be restored in any case? Even after a fallback that deletes everything else?

Correct!

1 Like

Hey,
I got a new computer and I want to log in with my old account. It asks me for a restoration-key or something like that (in German it is: Wiederherstellungsschlüssel). When I enter the key, that I got by my e-mail, it says that it would be wrong.

Greetings Lauro

Because we never send you any recovery key in a e-mail.
You saw it in your client (nowhere else) and had to write it down and copy somewhere.

4 Likes

Yes, it said that I must confirme that I risk to lose data without the recovery key. But than I got one by e-mail and it didn’t work.

The key you get in mail when you reset a password is for the password reset on the myTeamSpeak website.
Not for the client.

We never send any recovery key via email.

We do not know anything about your encryption. Only you get the information shown in clients.

4 Likes

on my dash board on the teamspeak website i have showed your badge : 21 i logged on ts3 with the same account but i did not saw any badges and when i use some codes it typed to me u already have this badge but in “configurated badghes” i dont have any one badge what i can do to release them back

1 Like

First of all, have you tried clearing your cache?

Secondly, is it possible that you recently changed your password and did not enter the recovery key?

2 Likes

Thats not a bug.

Please check your Client log for errors, maybe you can post it here. :slight_smile:

I tried to request new recovery key and nothing happens it only typed in log something about errors of request so i cant find my recovery key what i can do ? :confused:

Please read post 2. Your account is encrypted and you need to use fallback or enter your recovery key.

3 Likes

Hey I have set up my PC again, now installed Teamspeak again and logged into myteamspeak.

Now I get the notification
“Unable to decrypt data, please apply encryption backup key”

Unfortunately I no longer have it, but I created a new one under Tools -> Options -> myTeamSpeak -> New Recovery key

This was neither shown to me nor sent by email.
How can I get this key?

If you reset your password you need to enter your recovery key.

If you don’t have the recovery key there is no way you can encrypt your Data.

You now need to do a Fallback to get a new Key, but you will loose all your Data that is saved in your Account exept Badges.

Here is an detailed Post about that topic:

ok thx