How do I get a new recovery key? My Badges are not shown in client

You got your recovery when you logged in first time.

In that window, where recovery key was shown, was a message telling you, that you should save this key somewhere safe, cause you’re the only owner of that key and if you lose access to your account, that’ll be the only way to recover anything.

It’s a safety measure. That way no one beside you have all of your data.

But, there’s a way, a little tricky, but is. You’ll need to backup your identities (if you have access to them on some other device), use Fallback, create new recovery key and import that identities back. From what I remember, you must do this offline.

That’ll be one of two ways to get rid of that annoying message.

Second would be to use Fallback as is, but this will delete all of your identities, everything synced up with myTS, etc.

Choose wisely!

Hello,

I have the problem that my recovery key is gone and because I had to restart my computer, I need it via the Teamspeak client itself via the settings. Nothing happens if I want to create a new one and otherwise I can’t sync it? Can someone help me? Can I somehow create / restore an over the Internet?

Please take have a look on this Thread: How do I get a new recovery key? My Badges are not shown in client

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Greetings,
I bought a new pc, downloaded ts3, connected with my account and bam all my badges are gone. Is there a way to fix this?

First of all, check if you logged to correct myTeamSpeak account. Yes, this might sound silly, but maybe you got something wrong while logging in.

After that, check if your badges appear in client Settings > myTeamSpeak (hope I’m not wrong with that, as I used TS3 quite a while ago).

2 Likes

Either you are not logged in with the same account or you reset your password without the necessary recovery key. In this case all your stored bookmarks and identities will be gone and you won’t be able to access your badges too unless you make a new recovery key.

1 Like

I am logged in with the correct account and my badges show on the TeamSpeak side but not in the app:

it tells me i need some kind of recovery key but i dont have a “key”

That’s the problem.
Your personal data is encrypted with your password and can only be decrypted by the password or the recovery key. As you changed the password you need the recovery key in order to decrypt your personal data again.
If you did not write that recovery key down as you were told to there is no way of recovering that data.

This is not a stupid design decision from TeamSpeak but rather the only way to ensure your data is secure and can not even be accessed by TS themselves.
AFAIK the badges are not affected by the fallback feature, thus you only loose your old identities, hotkey profiles and bookmarks.

1 Like

I never wrote down that key thats more a fault from my side thanks for letting me know :slight_smile: yall have a great evening

But anyway you can take a Look here: Unable to decrypt data There is a good explanation.

So I’ve added quite a few Badges to my account but when I had to reset my PC all of my badges were unable to be used and didn’t show up anymore. If I use the same code it says, that I’ve already used that badge. I have checked on www.myteamspeak.com and found all my badges were available on there but not on my actual client. Any help?

You are not logged in or did make a password reset.

3 Likes

pls dont be Ondřej Janča and save it. I lost my data cuz of it !!! dont be same Ondřej Janča like me :frowning:

Hi, I logged in to my TeamSpeak, in TS3, but all my bookmarks, identities, and badges are disappeared, but if I go in my web dashboard, I can see all my badges, and I’m using the auto-sync.

Either you are not logged in with the same account or you reset your password without the necessary recovery key. In this case all your stored bookmarks and identities will be gone and you won’t be able to access your badges too unless you make a new recovery key.

Hi, i made a new recovery key, but nothing happens…

18/02/2021 22:31:14 SyncImpl Info Successfully requested new backup key

Please post a Client Log