How do I get a new recovery key? My Badges are not shown in client

Hey,

Please share your Client Log with us. :slight_smile:

Please read following, because you did not just change your password. You did a reset of it!

4 Likes

somehow my badges are back . it was a server problem i think . im really happy it fixed itself .

1 Like

post moved by moderator

Hello

After formating my pc I can’t sync to my account. Now my tabs, identities are unavaible. Any solution for this?

From lack of details or any client log i guess one of these followings

3 Likes

Im logged in to myTS, I have proper sync setup. This situation is new for me because I don’t had any problems before.
I forgot password before log-in after format pc and must change it so I think this is why I had message about use recovery key.
But I don’t understand how I can restore it. I don’t have any local files so I can’t copy/paste in proper folders.

I used fallback option and I suppose overrided everything what I had?

This Fallback option will erase the information currently in your myTeamSpeak account but will allow you to use the same email address/account for further use.
This will delete your cloud saved data and overwrite it with what the local client has cached. If there is no local cache, then your data is lost.

If you reset your password, the client can no longer decrypt the data which is stored encrypted in the cloud. Thus, the client asks for the recovery key to be able to decrypt the data. If you didn’t save your recovery key then you will have to use the fallback option

For me, the inability to sync without using the recovery key is a misunderstanding, but okay. A lesson for the future, not to leave anything in someone else’s hands. No offence to anyone of course.

Regards

Someone else’s hand? :face_with_monocle:

It was in your hand and any of our clients told you so.

Even the website told you that you will lose your data in case you do not have your recovery key ready. And you had to accept that.

This is how encryption works when only you got your data and no company can grab it whenever they like.

Can we do something to make it more clear?

7 Likes

post moved by moderator

As i said in the description i was hacked. So my E-Mail adress was gone and somebody changed all my passwords. i fixed it with many supporters. Now i wanted to go to my TS account and join the ts i always join. But all my favorite servers weren’t saved any longer, also my ids were gone.
can u help me fix the Problem here ?

Sorry to hear that!

You must enter the Recovery Key after a password reset, or your synced stuff is gone.
You got the Recovery Key when you logged in for the first time or when you did generate a new one in any of our clients.

3 Likes

moved by moderator

Hello everyone, I have a problem with teamspeak, about two years ago I received a bunch of badges in total I have about 23 of them, the bottom line is that I can’t change them and put them in the ts3 client, they just don’t show up with me, I’ll attach a photo below, please help, I’ve been suffering for 2 years!!!

Either you are not logged in with the same account or you reset your password without the necessary recovery key. In this case all your stored bookmarks and identities will be gone and you won’t be able to access your badges too unless you make a new recovery key.

Please post your Client log.

1 Like

I had a load of badges since 2018, I recently reset my password because I forgot it and I could not generate a key because of that. So when I changed my password I obviously couldn’t get my backup key.
I have not reset my teamspeak key under my new password. can I please get the current backupkey on the account I have not reset it since I changed my passowrd.
I can do what ever to prove I own the account I also had tester please help me

There is no one else than you that had or has access to the key. Thats the reason why the keys exist. To proof that you are the owner of the account. The badges are not gone. You can do a Fallback but you will loose all your synchronised data in myTeamSpeak.

I see, thank you it worked.

I didn’t want to fallback, thinking there was a risk that I would loose my badges!

Hi,

i have a hard problem, i had the issue that my system is so hard crashed that i could´nt save my teamspeak files and now i have setup an new system and want to login into my MyTeamspeak account and the App says me i have to use a recoverykey. so my problem is i didnt have this key all system switches i made with the same installation and now it was not possible how can i acsess my old identys and my Bookmark collection.

and if you say no are the Teamspeak developer really think that a gamer will save this f*** key over a Decade ?

This is how cryptography works…
You can decrypt your data and ONLY you can do it. So if you don’t have a decryption key (aka password or recovery key), yes there is no way…

You will need to perform a fallback to synchronize new data and will keep your badges as they (obviously) don’t need to be encrypted.

Any application that does not offer such a service stores your data virtually without any protection!

PS: myTeamSpeak is not yet a decade old.

2 Likes

I want to login to my myTeamSpeak Account but I need a recovery key. Because I dont have this key, I wanted to reset the recovery key with my passwort but that work neiteher.

If you no longer have your old recovery key, you must first do a fallback to get a new one.

Save this one, because it is very important!